forum

Request for .Osu Download Manager And Built in web browser [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
diatogino
It is hassle to Download .Osu Files Ryt ? download it , find the file and Open it it is very Confusing And so irritative .

I Think if we use download manager . we can download from osu website, And Just click the Picture (you want to download) and it will automatically downloaded . (just log-in first) . The HighLighted Name in Downloads are not yet installed (in-game) .

And In Built In Web Browser ,
i suggest that if you click a "Quick Web Access for this Beatmap" click the "beatmap listings etc etc.. "
a popup browser will appear on-game that will not switch the game to default web browser
MillhioreF
A "download manager" already exists ingame! It's called osu!direct, and you only get to use it if you're a supporter.

I'm pretty sure an ingame browser was denied before too, but even if not it's kinda lame (what's wrong with an external browser?)
Topic Starter
diatogino

MillhioreF wrote:

A "download manager" already exists ingame! It's called osu!direct, and you only get to use it if you're a supporter.

I'm pretty sure an ingame browser was denied before too, but even if not it's kinda lame (what's wrong with an external browser?)
how to become a Supporter ?

and
built in browser gives more convenience than external browser
Tsukimi Luna
Become a supporter here

And an internal browser is completely unnecessary...
Just play in window mode with ur browser open
Or alt + tab when u are playing full screen
Building a internal web browser to save your few seconds and a little memory in your computer isnt productive at all
blissfulyoshi
Why would anyone want to write their own web browser inside of their application? If it takes an entire team to keep up a web browser (Chrome, Firsfox, Opera, IE, etc all have a team behind them to keep them up and running without security and design flaws and bugs), what makes you think an ingame web browser will be better for any reason? Chances are it will be slower and buggier because no one will be there to support it.

Besides that, how to support osu! http://osu.ppy.sh/p/support

Just denying because an ingame web browser is just ridiculous.
Soaprman
When you say .osu files, do you mean the individual difficulties or the .osz files from the "download beatmap" links? osu! should automatically associate itself with .osz files. If it's .osu files, then yeah, it's kind of a hassle... perhaps a better request would be to associate .osu files with osu! as well, and have it automatically pair the file with the correct beatmap.

An in-game web browser would be a wasted effort... there's nothing it would do that your current external one can't do better, and it's only ever an alt-tab away. It's not inconvenient at all.
Topic Starter
diatogino
Ok Then , How To Delete This Thread ?
jemhuntr
you don't. it's invalid, so it goes to completed requests.