forum

Suggestion for Small and Unobtrusive Media Controls.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
ampzz
As the topic suggests this is a formal request for some form of media controls (yes, I know osu! isn’t meant to be regarded as a ‘media player’ in the slightest) in a similar form that the start page has which I find more than perfect enough with only a few slight tweaks that could be had shown in the screenshot below.

As you will notice after clicking on the image the ‘media controls’ are aligned perfectly to the maximum height of the [Drop-down Search Queries] boxes at the top right of the osu! screen so as to not become obscured by longer named songs and such in the same way that is aesthetically pleasing and easy on the eye whilst still being functional and easy to reach if desired.

With this the function for the [Previous/Next Track] could be the same as per home page features with the menu swapping to the song in question in synchronous with button press as the same sense searching through the track lists automatically brings the song/beatmaps into view.
If this is not a feasible option you could just replace the above detailed with a sole [?] button which does the same as (default keybind) F2 or hitting the Random Map button down in the lower left side of the screen.

Regardless of that just the ability to restart, pause and even stop track/s when desired would be highly welcomed in the main screen where we spend most of our time besides chatting with each other, editing, spectating and of course playing this game.
ziin
Don't use widescreen to show this sort of stuff, as I (and a lot of osu probably) don't use widescreen.
rust45
Why can't you just listen to music in the main menu?

I wouldn't like this anyway as I will sometimes use song select to listen to a song over and over (not too much thoough) or to keep it on a song I'm about to mod but I just haven't gotten to it quite yet.