forum

Suggestions about new mods (or just changes to the old ones)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Jenny
Ahm hi - i had the idea of changing/advancing the existing mods ingame and i wanted to show them to you:
[please notice: it's just an idea!]

(Sorry if my english is in-understandable at some points :oops: )

Changes (other versions, not stackable with the old ones, so you have to decide which one you choose for farming score):

FL - Not-shrinking flashlight (+8% instead of +12%)
Hidden - transparacy of hit-objects before fading [sliders would also have like 30% transparacy] (+8% instead of +6%)
DT - Change to 'Speed Up' with scalable speed-bonus (up to +50% [as DT actually is], +0.24% per %-speed increasement)
HR - Increase the amount of %-increasement to 8%, give players the possibility to choose what HR actually changes for them (e.g. +2 HP-drain, +1 circle-size, +2 AR) and make %-changes for those [so if you don't want the circles to be smaller, you get 2% less e.g.]

New mod(s):

Bleachness - little like hidden but different; makes all objects gray and removes theyr numbers so you don't see new combos; in addition, there is no connection line between circles of the same combo [+6%] (additional mode: makes all objects half-gray, so you can think of what colour it has but it's harder though; +4%) (+8%-mode available, but increases the AR by 1 and maps difficulty by 1 + makes your cursor transparent [~40% transparency]) [Not stackable with hidden]

Gap Generator - makes the space around the players cursor much darker, space grows by combo (+4%, slow increasement, starts very little) (+6%, middle increasement, starts little OR low increasement, starts middle size) (+8%, strong increasement, starts little OR starts middle, middle increasement OR starts big, little increasement) (+12%, starts big, changes size randomly [but never below the starting one, should be even more confusing then FL]) - yeah, that's hell of a mod :)
Gap Generator doesn't overlay everything, theres just a small color-glowing through the dust it generates, but only a very little one.
Not Stackable with flashlight!

Suggestions and osu!-teams comments/attention are welcome^^
Sinistro
Moved to Feature Requests.

I don't see how the new mod suggestions (not being able to see colours) would prevent you from telling a new combo, since there's also numbers. Furthermore, how does not knowing where new combos begin make gameplay hard enough to warrant a score multiplier?
Topic Starter
Jenny

Sinistro wrote:

Moved to Feature Requests.

I don't see how the new mod suggestions (not being able to see colours) would prevent you from telling a new combo, since there's also numbers. Furthermore, how does not knowing where new combos begin make gameplay hard enough to warrant a score multiplier?
There are many maps where this feature would make it noticable harder (07th Expansion - final answer is a very good example)
Gomo Psivarh
New mod suggestion: Gap Generator

Yeah the gap generator from Red Alert :D , it have the opposite effect to flashlight.

The area within a radius of cursor will be filled with black which covers the notes.
The more combo, The larger radius.
Topic Starter
Jenny

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

New mod suggestion: Gap Generator

Yeah the gap generator from Red Alert :D , it have the opposite effect to flashlight.

The area within a radius of cursor will be filled with black which covers the notes.
The more combo, The larger radius.
Nah, don't think, black is that good, but a much darker color... that would be possible - i'll add that xD
Gens
If I understood you right, the opposite for Flashlight has already been requested before - with the name 'Smoke' instead. Thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14525

It's kind of old though. Proves how I'm becoming old over here.

As for changing the current mods, it's not going to happen, I'm sure of it. That's because there are already a bazillion records with those mods and changing them would mean change the scoring and such; plus, making the mods further customizable would probably break balance.

The bleachness mod... it sounds like an interesting idea, but probably doesn't merit a mod in itself. It would be unbalanced between maps that have a streamlined nature and maps that change the spacing regularly to create patterns (not to mention those maps that trick you by mixing the beats around in a seemingly linear pattern).
those
Blinking cursor - cursor blinks in tempo to music.