forum

Can you win a suptag?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DragonSlayer96
So it seems like there is interest so I will start this.

Hey guys, I am here to offer fun and games with potential rewards. The fun and games? Answering whatever comes to my insane mind. This can range to something simple to something extremely hard, even some riddles. The rewards? Suptags, hypes and so much more. Since someone did want to try out points, each winner can either get a reward or save points to cash in down the road. If you win and you do not respond what you want within 24 hours, it will be points that you can redeem later on.

Rules

1. abraker will be helping me with this thread for a while. He can ask as many questions as often as he likes. Let him either confirm or deny answers for questions he asks.
  2. If you can link the answer, please do.
  3. If multiple people post the answer, I will go via timestamp of who posted first. If I missed an earlier timestamp that is the answer, let me know.
  4. You can redeem a prize once a week. To make it easy on me, I will have a week go from Sunday morning to Saturday night, my time (currently PST).
  5. If you answer question(s) correctly during a week, you will get the points that the question is worth if you already redeemed a prize that week.
  6. You can redeem the prize for anyone, so you can be nice to your friends if you want to, but it will still use your points to do so.
  7. For points available, I will link your name to your userpage so I can follow who you are even if you change your username.
  8. You are allowed multiple guesses, but please let me respond to your guess before you try again. If you post multiple guesses before I can check the response and you are right, the question will be marked as answered but you will lose the amount of points you would have earned.
  9. If multiple questions are active, you can take a guess on each one between my responses. I only am trying to limit how many times you respond to a specific question between my responses.
  10. When you are responding, please make sure that I can understand which question you are answering.
  11. Though I do not mind banter and everything, just being downright mean will make you lose points.
  12. For updates on points/answers, my last post is where I am for it. If there are other answers send while I am editing the OP and saying who won what, I will wait for someone else to respond before I clear out the next batch of winners. I am not ignoring you, I do see you, I just do not want to double post if I don't have to.
  13. Posting earrape/screamers/eyerape/etc when I am asking for things to be linked will result in you being banned from this thread. Any points you have will be forfeited.
  14. If what you post can be seizure inducing, please put it in a spoiler box and say that it can. More than just me clicks on what you post.
  15. More as time dictates.

Current Questions

1. give me ranked/loved meme maps that is about Peppy. 1 point each.
  2. Who is the first Pokemon? 1 point for each correct answer.
  3. What is the reasoning behind my username? 3 points
  4. Post a picture of your pet. 1 point per pet
  5. What Native American monster is associated with cannibalism? "Wendigo" has already been answered. 2 points
  6. As of writing this, how many suptags have I given out? 5 points
  7. Link me an osu beatmap that I have some sort of emotional connection to. Remember, I do have sb/video enabled when I play. 2 points
  8. Best holiday memory. 3 points
  9. Crossplay games. 2 points each
  10. What games can't you get anywhere? 1 pt for online, 3pts for offline. Please use the following template for your submission:
    template
    Game Title:
    Platform:
    Developer/Company:
    Date of release:
  11. What is the most expensive thing I have given someone on osu? If you think you have received said gift, please do not answer this one though. 3 points.
  12. Price of my steam library at its lowest as of writing this. 2 points
  13. Price of my steam library currently as of writing this. 2 points
  14. Why does abraker like steins;gate so much? There are 3 main reasons. 1 pt for reason A, 2 pts for reason B, 7 pts for reason C
  15. Give me a song that I consider to be banger. 1 point if I have heard it, 2 points if I have not heard it.
  16. Compete to give me the best PDF reader. Winner will get 20 points or an artist commission. (entries end when I check the thread on February 21st, 2021. Currently not accepting answers, just here so I remember the reward)

Past Questions and Answers

1. When was osu! released? September 16, 2007
  2. In Gen 1 of Pokemon (Green/Blue/Red/Yellow), what made Leech Seed such a powerful move? It stacked with the move Toxin, increasing the amount of damage done each turn.
  3. What is the reasoning behind the name Final Fantasy? Way back when the video game industry was starting out, a company named Square Enix was trying to get a foot into the door. After numerous attempts to have a successful title and failing, they were down to their last and final game before they would no longer be a company. Titling it "Final Fantasy", it was the company's last hope to not go bankrupt.
  4. In the movie Grave of the Fireflies, how does Seita's sister die? After Setsuko goes with Seita into an abandoned bomb shelter, they release fireflies into the shelter for light. However, the next day, Setsuko finds them all dead, and she says "Why do fireflies have to die so soon?" She digs them a grave and buries them all. She and her brother's supply of rice then begin to run out, and she becomes sick because of malnutrition. When Seita returns to the shelter with food, she is found dying. Despite Seita's efforts to quickly cook, she dies. Note, this is based off of the creator's own life and experiences during WWII so it makes it even that much more tragic.
  5. What was the reasoning behind the very first banned list in the trading card game Yu-Gi-Oh? The short answer is here https://www.pojo.com/yugiohs-very-first-ban-list/
  6. On the SNES, what plugs into the TV, what are the colors and what does each color do? https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/supernes/hook_avtotv.jsp
  7. What was the first mapset I did submit? Jade - 1000 Words
  8. Ranked/loved meme maps about Peppy : peppy - Baby Cruising Love Various Artists - PEPPY FIX TAIKO STAR RATING PLEASE for a happier Peter Lambert - osu! tutorial std Peter Lambert - osu! tutorial mania Chatmonchy - Make Up! Make Up!
  9. Who is the first Pokemon? Bulbasaur via Pokedex, Arceus via originator of all, Rydon via first drawn, Mew via first Pokemon created and originator of each pokemon, Clefairy first mascot
  10. Who is known for taking what you perceive, outright denying what you perceive only to then put forth what they perceive? Adam Savage with his famous quote of "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
  11. Why are speedruns generally done in a language that is not English? A good portion of games can only display x amount of characters per second, so using a language that can say the same thing as we do in English with less characters means more time saved overall. Other games have dialog that can not be skipped, so faster words means more time saved overall.
  12. Link me the song dealing with Gitche Gumee. Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
  13. Which show is generally accepted as introducing America into cartoons drawn in Japan? Astroboy
  14. What is the origin of Halloween? It is a combination of the Celtic holiday of samhain and the Christian holiday of All Hallows Eve, a festival honoring saints.
  15. What was the original Jack - O - Lanturns? Turnips
  16. What country am I from? USA
  17. With all the DLC included, what is the most expensive game on Steam? Train Simulator With it currently being over $10,000
  18. Who is known for being crucified upside down? Saint Peter
  19. Who wrote down the events that eventually lead to the movie 300? Herodotus
  20. What Native American monster is associated with cannibalism? Shíta Wendigo Wechuge Giwakwa Stonecoat Rugaru Witiko Teihiihan Jenu mhuwe chenoo
  21. How old is Peppy, the creator of osu? Due to the info given, roughly 34 in 2020
  22. How long is a day? 23 h 56 min 04 sec long
  23. Which planet is the hottest in the solar system and how hot can it get? Venus with 477 °C
  24. What is the myth behind why dogwoods do not grow straight like other trees? It is said that the dogwood is the wood used for Christ's cross. To make sure that the tree could not crucify anyone else, God cursed the tree to make it so it would not be able to provide wood long enough to make another one.
  25. How to properly eat a potato chip? How Light does it
  26. Where do people think we discovered electricity and what was it used for? Baghdad batteries are the first usage we have of manmade electricity to date and it could be used to electroplate and for therapy. Before that, Egyptians used to use electric fish for therapy.
  27. Though it was taken down, what was the reason that I mapped Jade - 1000 Words in the first place? When I first heard this song I heard news of my mom dying like half an hour ago. I had no idea that this song was the next thing I would hear on FF X-2 but I started to cry. The next thing I remember was waking up. I didn't play that game for roughly a year afterwards and I did see the ending. I still haven't gotten the "good" ending and I highly doubt I will. Once I found osu! it was the first song I wanted to share with people that wasn't on the game because of what it means to me.
  28. At what point is water the densest? At 39°F/3.98°C
  29. What is the legend behind the first cup of tea? Read up here.
  30. What was the thing that melted that lead to the microwave? Where was it? A chocolate bar that was in someone's pocket.
  31. How did I find osu? Read it here.
  32. When was the first supernova observed? 185 AD by Chinese astronomers.
  33. Why do blankets keep you warm? Air is a really great insulator. What a blanket does is it traps air molecules and that helps keep the heat that a warm body radiates off of them close by them, keeping them warm.
  34. What state is glass? Glass is an amorphous solid — a state somewhere between liquid and solid. (This is why really old glass panes are thinner at the top and thicker at the bottom)
  35. What is the story behind Hanukkah? You can read up about it here.
  36. Where was the first wireless call made and when? May 7, 1895 for first local, December 12, 1901 for first trans-alantic
  37. As of writing this, what is the average length of suptags given out? 6 months
  38. What is the weirdest pet I have owned? An iguana
  39. Link me an osu beatmap that I have some sort of emotional connection to. Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter, Crystal Kay - Motherland, Passenger - Let Her Go (Nightcore), Cascada - What Hurts The Most (Nightcore Remix)
  40. Crossplay games
    All
    Among Us
    apex legends
    aragami
    ARK: Survival Evolved
    astroneer
    Black Desert
    blobcat
    boundless
    brawlhalla
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare,
    Crackdown 3
    Dead By Daylight
    Fortnite,
    Forza Horizon 4
    Forza Horizon 3
    Forza Motorsport 7
    Genshin Impact,
    halo: the master chief collection
    Hearthstone,
    Honkai Impact 3rd
    levelhead
    lucadian chronicles
    Morphies Law
    Mortal Kombat 11
    Microsoft Flight Simulator
    Minecraft,
    Minecraft Dungeons
    Need For Speed: Heat,
    NFS: Hot Pursuit - remastered
    NBA 2k Playgrounds 2
    No Man's Sky
    Paladins
    pubg

Partial
    Sea of Thieves
    Smite,
    spellbreak
    star wars: squadrons
    street fighter v
    rocket arena
    Rocket League
    werewolves within
    World of Warships (Legends)

unsorted
    Aragami (Xbox One, PC, Switch, PS4, PC)
    Chessaria: The Tactical Adventure
    Crazy Justice (PC, Switch, Xbox One)
    Dauntless (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
    Dawn of the Breakers (PC, iOS, Android, Switch)
    DC Universe Online (PS4, PC)
    Deep Rock Galactic (Xbox, PC)
    Dick Wilde 2 (PS4, PC)
    Dragon's Crown Pro (PS3, PS4, PSVita)
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4, Switch)
    Eve: Valkyrie (PS4, PC)
    Exorder (PC, Mac, Switch)
    Fable Fortune (PC, Xbox)
    Final Fantasy XIV (PS4, PC, Mac)
    Final Fantasy XV (PC, Xbox, PS4)
    Full Metal Furies (Xbox One, PC)
    Games of Glory (PS4, PC)
    Guns of Icarus Online (PS4, PC, Mac)
    Gwent: The Witcher Card Game (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
    Hex (PS4, PC)
    Hunt: Showdown (PS4, Xbox One)
    Just Dance 2020 (PS3, PS4, Switch, Wii U, Xbox One)
    KABOUNCE (PC, PS4)
    Killer Queen Black (Switch, Xbox One, PC)
    Lightseekers (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Switch)
    Mantis Burn Racing (PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC)
    Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes
    Mushroom Wars 2 (Switch, PC, Mac)
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhance Edition (PC, Mac, Switch, Xbox One)
    Next Up Hero (Xbox One, Switch, Mac, PC)
    Overload (Xbox One, PC / PS4, PC)
    Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
    Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
    Realm Royale (Xbox One, Switch, PC, PS4)
    Rec Room (PS4, PC)
    Rogue Company (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox)
    Siegecraft Commander (PS4, PC / Switch, Xbox One, PC)
    SkullPirates (PS4, PSVita)
    Sniper Elite V2 Remastered (Xbox One, PC)
    Space Junkies (PC, PS4)
    Spacelords (PS4, PC / Xbox One, PC)
    Star Trek: Bridge Crew (PS4, PC)
    State of Decay 2 (PC, Xbox)
    The Elder Scrolls: Blades (iOS, Android, Switch)
    The King of Fighters '97 Global Match (PS4, PSVita)
    Touring Karts (PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Switch)
    Trailblazers (PC, Mac, Switch, Xbox, PS4)
    Treasure Stack (PC, Switch, Xbox One)
    Wargroove (Xbox One, Switch, PC)
    Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions (Mac, PC, iOS, Android, Switch)
    Weapons of Mythology: New Age (PS4, PC)
    World War Z (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
  41. Player name and how many coins they got on April Fool's day. __M A S__, 5000 osu!coins
  42. What helped __M A S__ get more coins than anyone else? He's a mania player and got more osu!coins because of the higher note density
  43. Lost games
    Aero City by Sega
    Amazing by Vera Sampson/Poppy Programs
    Bertie the Brain
    Car Town
    Computer Space
    Cityville
    DAM-DDR
    Desert Tank by Sega
    House M.D published by Prime Games GmbH
    Interactive Buddy 2
    Jaleco Pony III
    Konami Windy II
    Namco Dynalive
    Namco Exceleena
    Plants vs Zombies Adventures
    Professor Layton and the deathly mirror
    Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer’s Magical Sleigh Ride by Wizard Works
    SNK Super Neo 29
    Taito Canary
    Teknowerk
    Tennis for Two
    The Sims Social
  44. abraker's first osu! forum post. community/forums/topics/234247?start=3302866
  45. abraker's old avatar and when he change it. Between March 24 2015 (last instance of old avatar from a screenshot), up until April 25 2015 ( first instance of new avatar ).
  46. I have earned a total of 155 kudos up to this post, but I have spend one of them. What mapset did I shoot a kudos on? yuyoyuppe - Psychopath

Current Point Total

1. abraker 58 points
  2. Bedrock 24 points
  3. ClevelandsMyBro 17 points
  4. ColdTooth 4 points
  5. Corne2Plum3 9 points
  6. eblf2013 1 point
  7. Hydreigon 2 points
  8. igorsprite 10 points
  9. Jonarwhal 2 points
  10. keremaru 20 points
  11. Lapizote 13 points
  12. LimeTwist 36 points
  13. -Milk- 2 points
  14. nedd83 2 points
  15. NoobDev 7 points
  16. pentaqola 1 point
  17. Phantonym 33 points
  18. _ralsei 54 points
  19. Riae 15 points
  20. Synphonica 3 points
  21. TotallyWaffles 1 point
  22. Tsumugi Aoba 15 points
  23. WitherMite 12 points
  24. Yhuan Debeste 8 points
  25. YyottaCat 60 points
  26. Zelzatter Zero 1 point
  27. z0z 8 points
  28. Me 5 points

Prize Pool

1. 2 points = Hype (if I have any available)
  2. 4 points = 1 month suptag
  3. 8 points = 2 month suptag
  4. 12 points = 3 month suptag
  5. Suptags will continue to go up based on the rate of above
  6. artwork commissions at the rate of 1 point per USD
  7. keys to games/dlc at the rate of 1 point per USD
  8. Donate to an actual charity/gofundme/etc at the rate of 1 point per USD (still figuring out exchange rate so it might change. Minimum 10 points)
  9. More to come as time goes on and people give ideas.

How to Redeem

1. If you want me to hype a map, just say something along the lines of "hey, hype this" and give me a link to the beatmap.
  2. If you want to redeem a suptag, let me know how long you are redeeming for. If no one is linked in your "I want a tag" post I will assume you are redeeming it for yourself.
  3. If you want artwork, you need to link me the post where I can commission said artwork. If the prices is not in the post, link me the post that has their prices as well. Just linking me a paypal account will not work. Discussions about what you want the artist to do for you can be discussed via DM. Unless you say otherwise, I will post the artwork here when they do finish the piece, moreso to help spread the word of what the artist can do and hopefully get more commissions for them (for quite a few people, this is literally how they survive).
  4. If you want a game/dlc, please provide a link of what you want. This is to lesson the chances of me getting you the wrong item and/or the right item but for the wrong platform. I will NOT log into your account to get you anything via this. I do not want to be accused of messing with your account/banning you.

Prizes Given

1. Corne2Plum3 1 month suptag, 2 year suptag
  2. Lapizote 1 month suptag, 820 PHP donated to help out with the typhoons that hit the Philippines via UNICEF, 1 month suptag, $20 steam card, $10 steam card
  3. _ralsei 1 month suptag, 1 month suptag, 1 month suptag
  4. eblf2013 1 month suptag, 1 month suptag to Teku, $10 to Wikipedia, 1 month suptag, 1 month suptag to Zelzatter Zero
  5. z0z 1 month suptag
  6. ClevelandsMyBro 2 month suptag
  7. Jonarwhal 1 month suptag to Joe Castle, 1 month suptag to ColdTooth, $10 to a foodbank
  8. YyottaCat 1 month suptag, 3 month suptag
  9. Joe Castle 2 month suptag to Stingy
  10. -Milk- 1 month suptag to ohc, 1 month suptag to Dani-, 1 month suptag to woksito
  11. Tsumugi Aoba $12 to The Trevor Project, nitro gift sub
  12. Phantonym 1 month suptag, 1 month suptag to FFluffyCat, 1 month suptag, 1 month suptag to LandBurnerX6
  13. NoobDev 1 month suptag, 1 month suptag to zxpew
  14. Riae 1 month suptag, 2 month suptag to Akiraie
  15. LimeTwist 1 month suptag
  16. JakeAced 1 month suptag
  17. keremaru 1 month suptag
  18. abraker minecraft
DeletedUser_6709840
I know you have like 5 questions planned from what you said IRL... inb4 people answer all 5 questions right and they all get supporter tags
YyottaCat
I can't. :(
DeletedUser_6709840

YyottaCat wrote:

I can't. :(
How come? He's literally just asking people to say if they're interested in answering weird questions
Zelzatter Zero
lol
Topic Starter
DragonSlayer96
Yeah, all I am trying to figure out is if people are willing to put forth a little bit of effort for a chance to win a reward, with harder things offering more rewards.
ColdTooth
two
Lapizote
my poor ass is interested.
Topic Starter
DragonSlayer96
Glad to see some interest. If people have ideas (like how many questions at once or time between questions) feel free to say them. Might wait another 90 minutes to see who else wants to join.
z0z
i kinda want to try to have a supporter tag so i'm here

i think prizes could be "bought" based on points we get from questions
and question should give points based on difficulty
Topic Starter
DragonSlayer96
Seems interesting. I need to try to figure out something that would not make me bankrupt but keep your guys's interest if I do points though
furry hater

ColdTooth wrote:

two
to the three to the four

Everybody drunk out on the dance floor
Astrid Park
Woah, another supporter tag prize. Sounds interesting, may join idk.
Topic Starter
DragonSlayer96
So this is live. Please read the original post. I will keep the current question there as well. If I missed something, please say something.

Current Question

I have earned a total of 155 kudos up to this post, but I have spend one of them. What mapset did I shoot a kudos on?

It is worth 3 points.
Lapizote
this mapset? beatmapsets/747371/discussion#/205794

i don't get what you mean by "shoot a kudos".
Topic Starter
DragonSlayer96
Sorry, wrong mapset.

In the good old days before the brokenness of v2 mapping and modding, each mapset had to earn 12 star rating before it could be bubbled and ranked. You could earn star rating by either getting mods on your map or having someone shoot kudos to said map. Shooting kudos has all been replaced by the hype system.
levesterz
Ahh the good ol shooting 99 star on one mapset
z0z
Topic Starter
DragonSlayer96
That is a hype, not a kudos shot. Hype you get each week just by having an account. Kudos you earn from modding. When you shot a kudos in v1, the total number you had available went down, making it so if you wanted to keep on shooting kudos you had to be active in the community. With hype, it is just twiddle your thumbs and you get more. Also, hyping a map has no impact in your total kudos score. I can remember the flack I got because I did shot one kudos and would refuse to shoot more, telling them to get a mod or let me mod it. With the hype system, kudos mean nothing unless you want to be BN or are BN.
Lapizote
okay, I think I'll move on to the next question. not really good at using Google search functions, haha
show more