forum

OT!Chess Tournament! (Sign-ups closed.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
Hello everyone!

I am pleased to announce the first annual OT!Chess tournament, organized by Ashton. This tournament, on top of being an exciting opportunity for chess players and ot users alike, may serve as your chance to win osu!supporter! Please read through all of the information found in this post to find all of the details.

Prizes:
nothing lol

Tournament format:

-Each match will be played using Chess.com, either the app or computer website. It is free and easy to use.
-Each match will have a 60 minute time limit, meaning the match should take no longer than 2 hours.
-A ‘warm-up’ match is optional and must be agreed upon by both players. The warm-up match will have a decided length of up to 10 minutes.
-Elo rating will be turned on, unless both players agree for it to be turned off.
-If you do not show for your match time you may request a reschedule. Please notify me ahead of time. If you miss your match unexpectedly you will be automatically disqualified,
-Your teams colour will be randomly decided.
-Draws will be settled with 10 minute games, until a player wins.

Schedule:

In exactly one week from this original post date sign ups will close. From there, I will ask someone who is not participating to create match-ups (I will be joining as well!). Once you find out who you are playing against, you must contact them and agree on a time that you would like to play. The decided time should be anywhere from November 20th - November 27th. Though the sooner, the better.

How to sign-up. **IMPORTANT**

To sign up please reply to this thread with:

A) Your chess.com username.
B) Your honest skill level. (Beginner, Intermediate, or Expert).

Please be honest when saying your skill level. I want to pair people with similar skill levels so everyone gets at least one exciting game.

Good luck! Any suggestions or questions can be made here.

Buy a pair of merino wool socks today! Soft, sweat-wicking and anti-odour. This was a message brought to you by our sponsor, B1rd.
Aiseca
Q: So, you planning on setting this up? Any ideas on what happened on the other chess game in FG by another person? Probably died or what?
Topic Starter
Ashton

Aiseca wrote:

Q: So, you planning on setting this up? Any ideas on what happened on the other chess game in FG by another person? Probably died or what?

I don’t know about that. This is something entirely different. Maybe this is better suited for FG but I was hoping to get people from here. Maybe if we don’t have enough people I’ll move this there.

Buy a pair of merino wool socks today! Soft, sweat-wicking and anti-odour. This was a message brought to you by our sponsor, B1rd.
johnmedina999
This sounds fun!

My username is "johnmedina999", and I am a beginner.
Topic Starter
Ashton

johnmedina999 wrote:

This sounds fun!

My username is "johnmedina999", and I am a beginner.

Thank you! You’ve been added.

To have a functional tournament it would be ideal to have at least 6 players, currently we have 2.

abraker
I'm in
Topic Starter
Ashton

abraker wrote:

I'm in

Added!

We need at least three more players. Remember, any skill level is allowed. I have been playing chess for only a week! ♟

Meah
Pag ako sumali gg kayo sakin

Topic Starter
Ashton
Ok. Added you to the roster!

Achromalia
only 4 so far, hmm.
keremaru
A) keremal
B) B-gin

Please be honest when saying your skill level. I want to pair people with similar skill levels so everyone gets at least one exciting game.

Good luck! Any suggestions or questions can be made here.
Topic Starter
Ashton
we need one more play for a proper tournament.

johnmedina999
fast bump
Blitzfrog
Blitzfrog
Intermediate
Blitzfrog
I request Johnmedina to be a commentator
Achromalia
hmm'st. seems like we've got what we need, yeah?
Topic Starter
Ashton
apparently b1rd signed up as well..

B1rd
apparently.. how inconvenient.
abraker
What could this mean?
B1rd
What did he mean by this.
Topic Starter
Ashton
okay so we now have 7 members but thats an odd number

Blitzfrog
Take the highest rated person then put them as first seed so they don't have to play first round
KatouMegumi
this thread is more important than blitzfrog having a stroke, so it deserves a bump.
levesterz
yes
Topic Starter
Ashton
alright, blitzfrog has a good idea. sign ups are now officially closed. i will get Achro to make some matchups.

keremaru
e
johnmedina999
e
Achromalia
i'll be trying to get info from people today, so it may still be a while until anything official will be announced just yet.

the tournament will likely take place around November 30th - December 3rd.

practice with each other to prepare if you'd like.

6 matches will take place.

i'll post final match-ups with times and dates when all is said and done.
keremaru
yes
abraker
so is ashton organizer or achro?
Achromalia
ashton came up with the idea, but he'd prefer things to be fair and offered for me to be the organizer, since he wanted to be able to play as well. i thought it'd be nice to accept.

...well, anyhow.

i've lost track of a significant amount of time. matches will take place soon, though.

in fact, i think i know what our first match will be.

~ ~ ~

MATCH 1: ABRAKER v. JOHNMEDINA999

TIME: DECEMBER 1ST, 12:00 AM UTC
abraker
Wait the match time is right when OT Bingo starts?

now ain't that something
johnmedina999
Time to spam the forum while the chess game goes on. That way, abr won't be able to focus!
abraker
johnmedina999
First match is over. abr wins, john loses. Here is the transcript. https://www.chess.com/analysis/game/live/4258014971?tab=report
Topic Starter
Ashton
gg!

Achromalia
ABRAKER ADVANCES!

~ ~ ~

<< reserved, will contain match 2 time and date >>
Topic Starter
Ashton
this is getting exciting

Achromalia
CHANGE OF PLANS!

so i'm pretty poorly cut out for hosting this tournament at the moment with everything, so i'll adapt with a lazier but simpler method!

i can't provide a time or date this time around, as we're having some... difficulties... with one of the contenders here, but i can announce who's up against who, so...

it'll be up to you two to sort out a time and date.

~ ~ ~

MATCH 2: ASHTON v. MEAH
show more