forum

One this day died did ye old forum [2008 - 2019]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker

Let us remember old forums as they once were. Simple, light, and old fashioned. May its essence be in our minds and not forget the wonderful moments we all shared with it together.

On this at this time and at this post we also mourn for the death of the ye fallen oldfags who once roamed ITT2 with their political and insightful conversations. May they rest in peace.

                     _/ \_
                     \____/

                      ( )
                   __)    (__
               _______/   \\_______
              |   ___    ____   ___      ||
              |  | \     |       |    \      ||
              |  |       |        |         |      |     ||
              |  |__/      |        |__/       ||
              |  | \            |          |             ||
              |  |         \      |         |             ||
              |  |            \. _|_. | .      ||
              |             ||
              |                 old fags                  ||
              |             ||
           \ )) /.,(// ,,..,, \||( ,,.,\\ ,.(( //
Nate Bait
/n\ the old site will be missed
ColdTooth
im gunna cry and probably bitch to everyone about how the old site was better
Meah
I miss the old site already
samX500
Rest in piece old forum, you will be missed

Cahyono29
Our grandchildren Will never know the beauty of the old website
Plini
Aiseca
Tad Fibonacci
I wouldn't be pissed if say the old site were to die when the new site is a significantly better one. Change is inevitable, and is arguably for the better.

But the current new and "better" site is absolutely not the case.
It looks nice and smoother, I'll give it that. But that's the only thing it does better than the old one.
The page composition is clunky.
Forum pages are gone and we're stuck with infinite scrolling. (this is especially annoying on mobile where I have to scroll all the way back on top to go back to the forum listing page)
It feels like you have to scroll much more to see which feels like extra work.
The page is just fucking huge. Like, I mean it's just right there in your face. And I don't think having to use page zoom to zoom out every time having to use the forums is a good solution.
I can't see shit while replying. At least make it so like the old site where you can still see other comments when writing a post.
Can't multipost anymore.
Can't see the latest comments of subforums on forum pages anymore. (ex. Can't see FG's latest posts on OT anymore)
This is probably just me but the site colors hurt my eyes.
If you're gonna force me to use the new site then at least provide a way for me to access the old mailbox function without having to go back to the old site.
Probably just me since I'm still not used to the new site yet but posts are significantly harder to read now.

Edit: and I just thought of another thing when it took nearly 30s to post this reply. The whole page is slow af. It takes much longer to load now.

Why can't I just choose for myself which site do I prefer to use?
levesterz
This reply took almost 10 min to find the reply button and scroll down to final reply and load just to reply in this thread
posted in mobile
And took me another 10 mi to edit this post cuz of tge 100% screen cover reply box. But yeah the new site is slugish for low internet speed user.

Edit 2 :i like how you are force to play where is waldo with a reply button in mobile.

Edit 3: Thx osu for supporting the movement of horizontal typing

Edit4: how does edit work again?

Edit 5 i like train
Topic Starter
abraker
new forum is making levesterz go crazy
pentaqola
there is no place like home
Westonini
we all knew this day would come eventually
payney
you will be missed
keremaru
i'm gonna miss not having to use the japanese space character to avoid putting a message with multiposts
KatouMegumi
new page
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KatouMegumi wrote:

new page

owo what’s that
keremaru

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wrote:

KatouMegumi wrote:

new page

owo what’s that

yes
TeeArctic1
Mobile forums have always been somewhat trash. Now not even the design works out anymore. It's literally unplayable

I'll find my bagpipes, it's time for a proper salute.

The Setlist is as follows
  1. Amazing Grace
  2. Auld Lang Syne
  3. Highland Cathedral
  4. Scotland the Brave

Speeches and/or poetry recitals are permitted after the casket has been lowered.
There will be cake at the wake afterwards
Fatal3ty
I dont like the new Forum. Ugly fonts and i never like the dark mode. I need back to old site, i like light style and normal sans font. I'm cry now :c

Dark Mode hurting my eyes and is hard to read for me, need light mode D:

RIP Old Forum
show more