forum

What was the worst anime you've ever seen?

posted
Total Posts
show more
donghans
definitely pupa
ABD007
Shinmai Maou no Testament >:(
Alfearox
ero manga sensei so fucking boring men
Vaxei Junior
Gabriel DropOut just didnt like it at all
Reactions
Sao II
korewazesty
Tokyo Ghoul season 2, because they butchered the story.
KemZii
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii. It is so boring
magalphs
11eyes
koemada

korewazesty wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul season 2, because they butchered the story.

and SAO jesus christ
Finis Terrae
Ever heard of "Hametsu no Mars"? That's my answer to this question. It's so bad, I feel good laughing about it
keremaru
Going to have to argue against Samurai Harem. There's probably nothing wrong with it's production value, and it would probably qualify to be better than most anime, but this is just personal preference.

Samurai Harem follows a kid who gets sent to his distant... whatever they were's, dojo by his father, who states that he must be prepared for the threats of modern society, but really just wants him to leave. This is just starting off toxic between the father and his son, who has already done more than enough to be skilled at swordsmanship. And better worse, every single girl falls for the samurai. Being his caretakers, this series tries to convert any and every main female role to be included in this samurai's harem, hence the name. And at the end, the samurai is doing some stuff, when one of his caretakers is taken captive under no suspicion, from a private bathhouse set in motion by the kidnapper, and the samurai gets his ketsu kicked, essentially making him seem more useless than before. He's trained for God knows how long, maybe 12 years, and he gets annihilated by skill, and the only reason why he gets the girl back is because the perpetrator's sister confesses her secret emotions to him? That's calling BS, and that's why I don't like this show. Nothing is wrong with the attempts to make this great; in fact, it's tried to humanize their characters more than some anime I've seen recently, but it's plot development, reference and execution are what I feel as lacking.
Li77L3
Sword Art Online 2 •̀.̫•́✧
blvknight
elfen lied and kaze no stigma
MisakiTobisawa-

Angelsim wrote:

Gabriel DropOut just didnt like it at all

nani the f how is that possible

but answering the question:

Binsu wrote:

Sword Art Online 2 •̀.̫•́✧
[-Kazu-]
Sword art online.
I shouldn't have to explain why...
-Koe-
Hand shaker
LazerLove
Toradora
[ - Hinami - ]
Dragon ball, ew.
Momori
School days
TamakoSenpai
Mostly School Days For Me
[pGA]Remilia
Mahou Sensou.
They rushed the final episode so bad.
zic0r_
all the seasons of Uta no ☆ Prince-sama ♪ Maji Love Legend Star sucks because the main character is rubbish, the story was the same in all the seasons it has and it was so boring, the anime is literally the same as Magic Kyun! Renaissance and Kiniro no Corda: Primo Passo, literally the worst main characters
Arhippa
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!

the most boring, obnoxious pile of asscrack with 0 story progression or character development whatsoever
animeslayergp
elfen lied
PorridgeBoss
Conception And Yosuga No Sora. One of the worst anime I've ever watched.
Sophie Twilight
Oresuki. At first it was a fresh breath of seeing new kind of MC, then it turned out to be another harem meh. The artstyle was weird too, got me more uncomfortable than Jojo's artstyle
Adswire
In my opinion, I love cute girls doing cute things, but it's always a hit or miss.

I honestly didn't enjoy Hunter x hunter at all, though. It is a good anime, but not up my alley at all.

I love other action stuff like Jujutsu Kaisen and My hero aca.
mrpiglins

- Mahiro - wrote:

Oresuki. At first it was a fresh breath of seeing new kind of MC, then it turned out to be another harem meh. The artstyle was weird too, got me more uncomfortable than Jojo's artstyle
But you atleast thought Sumireko was good right?
Asphiee
I'm sure there's worse but I'm currently thinking Okaa-san Online, I was hoping for an guilty pleasure series but turns out it's just a mother and son diving into the VR with the goal of strengthening their filial relationship and stuff
Zanzabar
SAO by a long shot, granted i havent seen many animes but SAO was definitely the worst
Sugar_owo

Zanzabar wrote:

SAO by a long shot, granted i havent seen many animes but SAO was definitely the worst
ayaka armpit

ShySnek wrote:

Shugo Chara. I didn't know much about anime genres when I learned about them. And it wasn't really for me.

Then there is also Abunai Sisters: Koko & Mika. If you value your eyes and ears, please, don't watch it.
Clearly, you have never appreciated the art of rewatching and intaking the finer details of a work, a classic trademark of an individual with low intelligence. I understand that the Abunai Sisters' plotline and lore may detract viewers with its stupidity on the surface. Still, for those erudite and tasteful, it is a complex show that immensely surpasses those crafted by the mainstream "greats".

Modelling the fine Kano sisters, those too afraid to explore the lore's depths will assume the existence of only two beings, emblemised through Koko and Mika throughout the show. However, upon further research, there proves the existence of a third Kano sister, hidden and left to rot in the crevasse of slivering unknowns. Thus, I can guarantee that your insight into not only this show but into life is incredibly minimal. So much that no creature should ever attend to your decrepit opinions and voice.

Onto the intricate web of social commentary, this masterful show offers a unique perspective on the intertwining of exponential publicity and waning privacy. In its first episode, Abunai Sisters addresses significant issues facing models and those in public view, notably, how society expects female models and entertainers to behave. Koko (a moniker for Kyoko specifically for Abunai Sisters to protect her privacy) and Mika express their disdain for their current societal position in the first scene of episode one. Mika states that "The beach is all set up for [them]", implying that the sisters lack privacy and that their lives have been set out for them by the patriarchal males who created a demand for models within society. The feminist interpretation of this line is that Mika is signalling how women are seen as inferior and cannot set up their own vacations. The feminist view is further supported by the role of women in Japanese society; inferiors to males who have to work just as hard but are presented with fewer benefits solely due to their gender and traditional role as the housewife. Japanese women are often pressured into looking visually appealing (and often erotic) by business heads and corporations to the point where it becomes conditioned behaviour. Mika displays this conditioning by holding up her "sexy swimsuit". However, Koko, perhaps more affected than Mika by the eroticising of women, exclaims that "[She] could never wear one of those. A celebrity should be swimming in her birthday suit." This dialogue between the two is troubling from a feminist perspective because it shows how some women are used to the constant sexualisation of women and have no qualms performing particular actions (such as displaying their naked bodies) for the men who have influence over their careers. The feminist analyses are further supported by the "Abunai Emergency Alarm" (meaning Danger Emergency Alarm or Trouble Emergency Alarm when translated to English) taking the form of the jiggling of their breasts. This shows how the jiggling of breasts, often a part of sexual acts, is dangerous or harmful to the women involved under the context of societal pressure or blackmail in the form of holding a promotion or job back unless sexual acts are performed.

Through Koko and Mika's dialogue Abunai Sisters is able to address more societal issues than just the perception of females and makes several important references to the Japanese work-focused society. In an allusion to Japan's work-focused society, Koko, being an intelligent and perceptive woman, points out to her sister that they "[hadn't] had a vacation in so long". Japan has a serious issue with overworking, as it leads to a non-negligible amount of unfortunate and preventable deaths. As a result of these deaths from overwork, many Japanese companies force their employees to take breaks. Some companies have a mandatory vacation, possibly including Koko and Mika's agency, though the general consensus is that taking breaks and vacations makes the individual seem uncommitted to their career, hence the reluctance by Japanese people, including Koko and Mika, to take said vacations. When Koko and Mika defeat the shark, they exclaim they "were supposed to be on vacation", showing the audience that even when Japanese people do take their mandatory vacation they are still unable to avoid the constant stress of work. Matsumoto, who appears late into the episode, represents the public's view of models and women in public view. His primary interest is in taking photographs of the Kano Sisters' breasts for his own desire, and it is later revealed that he works for somebody else, acting as an arm for the corporate pressure on women to provide sex in order for business benefits. Matsumoto also strongly resembles a paparazzi figure, showing that businesses have little regard for the privacy of women. This links directly to the theme of women in public view and how they are perceived, showing how the mistreatment of women and disregard for the woman's mental well-being is a common issue in all forms of Japanese society.

One of the major themes of Abunai Sisters, as well as Kyoko's autobiography and other published works, is sexuality, which is explored throughout this anime with both positive and negative euphemisms, metaphors and visual signals. Kyoko and Mika Kano, being icons of popular culture, are constantly in the spotlight and are thus forced by their lifestyle to become comfortable with their sexuality. The visual signs of sexuality are quite noticeable, with the sisters' revealing outfits highlighting their cleavage, thighs, and buttocks, and the jiggling of breasts with the "Abunai Emergency Alarm". These particular visual designs were decided upon by Production IG due to their focus on making Koko and Mika visually appealing, as well as visually expressing how the real-life Kyoko and Mika are comfortable with who they are and what they do in the bedroom. However, there are negative connotations explored with metaphors and euphemisms. The shark represents the male lust for women, and how it can be dangerous for women to let down their guard when confronted by aroused males wishing to take advantage of them. Mika's observation that "It's so huge", referring to the shark, has phallic connotations, acknowledging how some males pride themselves on the size of their manhood. The machine gun that appears in the shark's mouth is a visual euphemism for the male climax during sexual acts and demonstrates how these "shark" males only care about pleasuring themselves rather than their female companions. Mika is shown shaking a bottle of some alcoholic beverage, which bears a resemblance, intentionally, to the manual genital stimulation of a phallus, accompanied by verbal noises indicating her own arousal. Koko says "Shake it harder", representing the voice of traditional society for the woman to meet the man's needs, but this is in contrast to Mika's actions which show that she is more than willing to find pleasure alongside a male companion. Mika's defeat of the shark shows the victory of equality over male dominance, and that a mutually beneficial relationship is healthier for the mental well-being of both males and females. This message of both genders meeting each other's needs is consistent with the Kano Sisters' beliefs regarding sex, as described in their published books.

Abunai Sisters addresses and explains how Japanese society is difficult for women to live in due to many factors, such as the societal pressures on women to be subservient, especially regarding sex, and the constant pressures of work. Kyoko and Mika Kano's beliefs regarding the female role in a relationship are presented through metaphors, most notably the appearance and defeat of the shark. Abunai Sisters is a unique social commentary because it addresses female concerns with Japanese work-focused society, the feminist outlook on the world that promotes the equality of genders, and exposes the mistreatment of women from the business circles and from paparazzi who have no concern for women’s privacy. Hence, exemplified through the hidden treatment of the secret third Kano sister, Harue, the harrowing consequences of outright misogyny and a lack of privacy emerges through both the lives of extravagant female celebrities, feeble girls and housewives of the mundane in all realms.
DM FOR MUTUAL

st3dboi wrote:

ShySnek wrote:

Shugo Chara. I didn't know much about anime genres when I learned about them. And it wasn't really for me.

Then there is also Abunai Sisters: Koko & Mika. If you value your eyes and ears, please, don't watch it.
Clearly, you have never appreciated the art of rewatching and intaking the finer details of a work, a classic trademark of an individual with low intelligence. I understand that the Abunai Sisters' plotline and lore may detract viewers with its stupidity on the surface. Still, for those erudite and tasteful, it is a complex show that immensely surpasses those crafted by the mainstream "greats".

Modelling the fine Kano sisters, those too afraid to explore the lore's depths will assume the existence of only two beings, emblemised through Koko and Mika throughout the show. However, upon further research, there proves the existence of a third Kano sister, hidden and left to rot in the crevasse of slivering unknowns. Thus, I can guarantee that your insight into not only this show but into life is incredibly minimal. So much that no creature should ever attend to your decrepit opinions and voice.

Onto the intricate web of social commentary, this masterful show offers a unique perspective on the intertwining of exponential publicity and waning privacy. In its first episode, Abunai Sisters addresses significant issues facing models and those in public view, notably, how society expects female models and entertainers to behave. Koko (a moniker for Kyoko specifically for Abunai Sisters to protect her privacy) and Mika express their disdain for their current societal position in the first scene of episode one. Mika states that "The beach is all set up for [them]", implying that the sisters lack privacy and that their lives have been set out for them by the patriarchal males who created a demand for models within society. The feminist interpretation of this line is that Mika is signalling how women are seen as inferior and cannot set up their own vacations. The feminist view is further supported by the role of women in Japanese society; inferiors to males who have to work just as hard but are presented with fewer benefits solely due to their gender and traditional role as the housewife. Japanese women are often pressured into looking visually appealing (and often erotic) by business heads and corporations to the point where it becomes conditioned behaviour. Mika displays this conditioning by holding up her "sexy swimsuit". However, Koko, perhaps more affected than Mika by the eroticising of women, exclaims that "[She] could never wear one of those. A celebrity should be swimming in her birthday suit." This dialogue between the two is troubling from a feminist perspective because it shows how some women are used to the constant sexualisation of women and have no qualms performing particular actions (such as displaying their naked bodies) for the men who have influence over their careers. The feminist analyses are further supported by the "Abunai Emergency Alarm" (meaning Danger Emergency Alarm or Trouble Emergency Alarm when translated to English) taking the form of the jiggling of their breasts. This shows how the jiggling of breasts, often a part of sexual acts, is dangerous or harmful to the women involved under the context of societal pressure or blackmail in the form of holding a promotion or job back unless sexual acts are performed.

Through Koko and Mika's dialogue Abunai Sisters is able to address more societal issues than just the perception of females and makes several important references to the Japanese work-focused society. In an allusion to Japan's work-focused society, Koko, being an intelligent and perceptive woman, points out to her sister that they "[hadn't] had a vacation in so long". Japan has a serious issue with overworking, as it leads to a non-negligible amount of unfortunate and preventable deaths. As a result of these deaths from overwork, many Japanese companies force their employees to take breaks. Some companies have a mandatory vacation, possibly including Koko and Mika's agency, though the general consensus is that taking breaks and vacations makes the individual seem uncommitted to their career, hence the reluctance by Japanese people, including Koko and Mika, to take said vacations. When Koko and Mika defeat the shark, they exclaim they "were supposed to be on vacation", showing the audience that even when Japanese people do take their mandatory vacation they are still unable to avoid the constant stress of work. Matsumoto, who appears late into the episode, represents the public's view of models and women in public view. His primary interest is in taking photographs of the Kano Sisters' breasts for his own desire, and it is later revealed that he works for somebody else, acting as an arm for the corporate pressure on women to provide sex in order for business benefits. Matsumoto also strongly resembles a paparazzi figure, showing that businesses have little regard for the privacy of women. This links directly to the theme of women in public view and how they are perceived, showing how the mistreatment of women and disregard for the woman's mental well-being is a common issue in all forms of Japanese society.

One of the major themes of Abunai Sisters, as well as Kyoko's autobiography and other published works, is sexuality, which is explored throughout this anime with both positive and negative euphemisms, metaphors and visual signals. Kyoko and Mika Kano, being icons of popular culture, are constantly in the spotlight and are thus forced by their lifestyle to become comfortable with their sexuality. The visual signs of sexuality are quite noticeable, with the sisters' revealing outfits highlighting their cleavage, thighs, and buttocks, and the jiggling of breasts with the "Abunai Emergency Alarm". These particular visual designs were decided upon by Production IG due to their focus on making Koko and Mika visually appealing, as well as visually expressing how the real-life Kyoko and Mika are comfortable with who they are and what they do in the bedroom. However, there are negative connotations explored with metaphors and euphemisms. The shark represents the male lust for women, and how it can be dangerous for women to let down their guard when confronted by aroused males wishing to take advantage of them. Mika's observation that "It's so huge", referring to the shark, has phallic connotations, acknowledging how some males pride themselves on the size of their manhood. The machine gun that appears in the shark's mouth is a visual euphemism for the male climax during sexual acts and demonstrates how these "shark" males only care about pleasuring themselves rather than their female companions. Mika is shown shaking a bottle of some alcoholic beverage, which bears a resemblance, intentionally, to the manual genital stimulation of a phallus, accompanied by verbal noises indicating her own arousal. Koko says "Shake it harder", representing the voice of traditional society for the woman to meet the man's needs, but this is in contrast to Mika's actions which show that she is more than willing to find pleasure alongside a male companion. Mika's defeat of the shark shows the victory of equality over male dominance, and that a mutually beneficial relationship is healthier for the mental well-being of both males and females. This message of both genders meeting each other's needs is consistent with the Kano Sisters' beliefs regarding sex, as described in their published books.

Abunai Sisters addresses and explains how Japanese society is difficult for women to live in due to many factors, such as the societal pressures on women to be subservient, especially regarding sex, and the constant pressures of work. Kyoko and Mika Kano's beliefs regarding the female role in a relationship are presented through metaphors, most notably the appearance and defeat of the shark. Abunai Sisters is a unique social commentary because it addresses female concerns with Japanese work-focused society, the feminist outlook on the world that promotes the equality of genders, and exposes the mistreatment of women from the business circles and from paparazzi who have no concern for women’s privacy. Hence, exemplified through the hidden treatment of the secret third Kano sister, Harue, the harrowing consequences of outright misogyny and a lack of privacy emerges through both the lives of extravagant female celebrities, feeble girls and housewives of the mundane in all realms.
wait wtf I don't think this is copy pasted

Worst anime I've seen is probably Kamisama ni Natta Hi. I don't watch that much anime and because of that I generally try and stay away from the ones that look like absolute shitters. The ones that get me are the ones which look like they have high potential but then crash and burn.
Nuuskamuikkunen
Maybe I'm going to be impaled by some people here but I consider Classroom of Elite a huge garbage. Had potential and the novel is okay, but the anime is a huge nope.
Stomiks
Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate the junji ito collection? For those who don't know, Junji Ito is one of the most respected and most amazing horror manga artists in the whole genre. Almost everything he makes takes a great deal of effort, passion and time, which leads to impressive feats of drawing and truly horrifying artworks that will leave you pissing your pants.

Studio Deen, knowing his profile, decides to adapt multiple of his works into an anime. And boy they fucking did adapt it into an anime. An anime full of shit and atrocities. One look at the anime and junji's work can immediately tell you how bad they fucked it up. The animation looks lazy and half-assed, shitty voice acting, you barely get scared and instead laugh at how awful it is.

I could go on and on, but I can say that junji ito collection is one of the worst media I've ever watched and is an insult to Junji Ito himself and his works.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Stomiks wrote:

Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate the junji ito collection? For those who don't know, Junji Ito is one of the most respected and most amazing horror manga artists in the whole genre. Almost everything he makes takes a great deal of effort, passion and time, which leads to impressive feats of drawing and truly horrifying artworks that will leave you pissing your pants.

Studio Deen, knowing his profile, decides to adapt multiple of his works into an anime. And boy they fucking did adapt it into an anime. An anime full of shit and atrocities. One look at the anime and junji's work can immediately tell you how bad they fucked it up. The animation looks lazy and half-assed, shitty voice acting, you barely get scared and instead laugh at how awful it is.

I could go on and on, but I can say that junji ito collection is one of the worst media I've ever watched and is an insult to Junji Ito himself and his works.
Studio DEEN is known for having atrocious animation quality. I loved Higurashi no Naku Koro ni but the animation in the first season was horrible.
Stomiks

eblf2013 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Studio DEEN is known for having atrocious animation quality. I loved Higurashi no Naku Koro ni but the animation in the first season was horrible.
Yeah, I expected that they should've at least tried with Junji Ito, but unfortunately I put my hopes too much that it'll be good. Let's just hope that Production I.G who's adapting Uzumaki could really bring out the horror like Junji Ito did.
sqzzy__
So far mine is probably World's End Harem. It wasn't terrible, just mediocre and cliche as fuck.
RedKing
K-on. Absolute garbage, literally whole concept is just airhead moe girls, that's it.
Anaxii
Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul is GARBAGE
show more