forum

OT Government just can't seem to get it together

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ERA Puzzle

Choo Choo! All aboard the "can't figure out what the hell we're doing" train. The OT government shows no signs of stopping

Hello denizens. It's Puzzle Y. Pop again, and I'm here with another article and exclusive interview on what's going down in the OT government. This time, we'll be talking with Royal Scientist Abraker, who has recently been voted into parliament. Congrats, Abraker!

Ready for another shit show? Camera... Lights... Action!

Interview with Royal Scientist Abraker

• Q.) So, from my research so far, it looks like you're the one who really pushed for the creation of an OT!Government. What inspired you to start it, and are you happy with how things have turned out so far?

A.) "I did not spark the creation of the OT!Government. Like with ot!neus, someone else sparked the idea first and I went ahead and facilitated a place of operation to perform the necessary activities. I am happy with how things are turning out so far. One my missions as Head of OT Royal Society of Quality is to maintain quality, and the stimulation of OT provides opportunities to generate further content, stories and ideas. The idea began with Tad Fibonacci's launch of the presidential election and, with my help, has expanded into a group of denizens who now create their own stories and content."

Q.) So Tad was the one who sparked the idea, and you've been the facilitator?

A.) "Yes. Tad Fibonacci requested me to facilitate via the creation of a place for operations. TeeArctic and Achromalia were one of the first supporters of the idea of course."

Q.) Interesting. How long have you known Mister Tad?

A.) "I have known Tad since when he first came to OT. It was an interesting entry too - a total wreckage of trees in OT." (Here, Abraker was kind enough to provide me a link to said thread. https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/862127?start=6958948)

Q.) What's your opinion of him as a politician? How well do you think he has handled the Tadpole Bombing incident?

A.) "Tad may not be the best politician on the surface, but he is the best we had for a long, long time. I think he is handling the Tadpole Bombing incident as best as he can. To be honest, the incident is barely anything compared to what went down in OT's past."

Q.) I see. Do those past incidents have anything to do with the OT government?

A.) "Those past incidents are the direct proof why the OT Government is needed. I have seen 4 eras in OT, so I lived through a lot. When you consider the worst that could happen, the Tadpole Bombing incident, while awful, does not come close to the truly horrendous things. The Tadpole Bombing incident was a wreckage of environment, yes, but stack that against neglect for denizen rights and injustice. Eras were plagued by Lords who neglected denizens and locked threads on their own volition. Consider the injustice for screwing denizens with mind control theory and hijacking A-Breaking Laboratory to steal my technology, for which the court ruled not guilty. Consider a candidate running for president who has allegedly applied vote manipulation methods. So as you can see, the mere bombing of an inhabited area is pretty petty compared to other things that went down."

Q.) Would you mind explaining to me the discrepancy between reports before and after the Tadpole Bombing? Specifically, in the Tad the Tadpole thread, Tad claims that denizens were evacuated before the area was nuked. However, your own contamination report contradicts this assertion, and you state there were never any citizens in the area. (Source: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/927243)

I also have it on good authority that denizens were, in fact, living in the area at the time of the nuke. Do you have a response to that?

And why did Tad claim that the area would be uninhabitable for some time after the detonation, yet later contradicted himself by saying that the virus was eradicated and there was no nuclear fallout?

A.) "The report is correct and there were no denizens living in the area. However, if there were denizens visiting, then they should have been evacuated. The area is uninhabitable due to the presence of a classified substance, which should not be confused with nuclear fallout. The nature of the bomb was not nuclear to begin with. Tad might have thought that the Trashipitus virus would be eradicated in the area using the bomb, be he did not really know what happened to the virus at that point in time."

Q.) Tad comments in the thread that the virus was eradicated successfully. Any statements on that?

A.) "Tad is not aware that the virus was not eradicated."

Q.) Tad launched the bomb, despite the payload of the weapon being "unknown", as mentioned in your report, and misleadingly claimed that the weapon was a nuke. In future statements, Tad makes no effort to disprove the claims that the weapon was, in fact, not a nuclear missile. Was Tad aware of what type of weapon he was launching at the Tad the Tadpole thread?

A.) "I do not know any details concerning Tad's choice of the weapon used nor where he acquired such a weapon."

Q.) So the only thing you are aware of is the fact that the bomb Tad used on the Tad the Tadpole thread was not of a nuclear payload? In regards to the type of weapon used, that is.

A.) "I know that bomb used is not of a nuclear payload and that it caused thread-post continuum distortion, which created the before mention classified substance."

Q.) What's your opinion of the recent outcropping of rumors that Tad is, in fact, a mutant frog-human hybrid?

A.) "My experimentation with frogs ended with Blitzfrog's leave as my research assistant. Yet the records remain, and someone may have stole that info to do experiments of their own."

Q.) Oh really? Do you have any knowledge of security breaches that may have led to those records being stolen?

A.) "As a matter of fact, yes. Some while ago Ashton broke into A-Breaking Laboratory and hijacked my operations and went on to create Asht. Co which he later ceased.
    A court case determined that Asht. Co was not guilty, however, a lot of evidence was tampered with."
    (Once again, Abraker was kind enough to provide me with sources and references.)

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6947496: Ashton slips into A-Breaking Laboratory
    https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6948530: Ashton allegedly plans for denizen mind control
    https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6948548: Asht. Co is being threatened by multiple law suits
    https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6949337: Asht. Co moves toward production and testing of its new tech
    https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6949949: Abraker declares lawsuit against Asht. Co
    https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6956061: OT Court II: A-Breaking Laboratory & R.O.S.Q. vs Asht. Co
    https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6966988: Asht. Co ceases operations
    https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6983278: Tad releases footage of Asht. Co being raided

Interesting. That's all the questions I have for you today. Thank you, Royal Scientist Abraker.

"You're welcome."

Now, President Achromalia's interview was a lot to unpack, but this is more like ordering 572 doujinshi's from Amazon and wondering how the hell you're supposed to open all these goddamn boxes when you're so freaking horny. Luckily, I have great self control - never fear, OT Denizens.

Skipping straight to the meat of things - Royal Scientist Abraker comments that Tad "may not be the best politician on the surface", but he's "handling the Tadpole Bombing incident as best he can". This, to me, is already a little suspect because we all know how great a politician Tad is - he's a cunning mastermind when it comes to navigating the political waters. Honestly, this just reads like your standard PR damage control statement - this is what you do when you're up shit creek and trying to cover for your buddy who lost BOTH of your paddles, so instead you start using your hands to puddle through all the shit to try and make it out of the mess alive. Respectable effort, Abraker, but we know what the situation is - you guys dun goofed.

Abraker then proceeds to try and deflect my questions of political brevity by making a few comments on how bad things used to be. And you know what? I respect that. He's right. Things were, in the past, pretty shitty here. But does that excuse your fuck-up of a government right now? No, not really. Just because it used to be awful doesn't mean it's okay if it's still shitty. It means you all need to do a better job.

But the part that really bothers me about this is that Abraker goes so far as to say that Tadpole Bombing, in effect, wasn't really that bad. And I quote - "So as you can see, mere [sic] bombing of an inhabited area is pretty petty compared to other things that went down."

Excuse me? What the actual fuck, Abraker? Are you sitting here trying to tell me that launching bombs everywhere and blowing shit up isn't really that bad? You can't just explain away the atrocities of the present by comparing them to the horrors of the past. It doesn't make it any better. Don't get me wrong, I'll golfclap all day and congratulate the fuck out of you for progress, but I'm not gonna sit around and accept casually throwing missiles and weapons around and blowing things up just because you feel like it.

But that's still not the best part. No, no, here's the best part - I found a slip-up. I want you guys to analyze the wording he used. Specifically - ... "bombing of an inhabited area" ...

"Inhabited area". There it is, folks. The cats out of the fucking bag.

An evacuation of denizens in an area that toally isn't habitable at all, but by the way, it's also habitable. Only frogs lived there, except no frogs lived there, because it's a swamp with no fresh water (I mean, seriously?) and there were no remains of any frogs found except, you know, only frogs lived there. But they didn't. Also, there were no denizens living there - but the area was inhabited.

Come on, OT. At this point it's just blatant. Abraker doesn't even try to answer my questions about explaining why there are discrepancies in the government reports. He just defaults to "This is the way it is"; without explaining why it was ever claimed to be different. NOT ONLY THAT, but Abraker also goes on to state that the area was - keyword being was - uninhabitable due to a classified substance, AND LATER CLAIMS THE SUBSTANCE WAS CREATED BY THE WEAPON USED ON THE TREAD.

Contradictory statements left, right, and center. Slip-up's, redacted reports, missiles being launched without the President's approval - oh, and by the way, we don't really even know what was in the fucking missile because we're geniuses and we launch weapons that we don't understand - except it was a nuke and Tad claimed it was a nuke and never corrected me when I mentioned the words nuclear missile - viruses in inhabited areas, swamps that apparently don't have any water, frogs that are evidently descended from Schrodinger's cat, because they exist and also don't fucking exist at the same time -

Come on. This is a mess. Plain and simple. And something is obviously up. Now, I try to keep these pieces objective - even though they're opinion piece articles - I try not to go too hard on the consipracy theorist angle on these ones. That's a different type of crazy I save for my other articles. But COME ON. I can't be the only one hearing "Helloooo? Conspiracy? Cover-up?" In my head right now.

And apparently, Abraker has experimented with Frogs in the past... and was also around when Tad first joined the forums. Tad. Tadpole.

Maybe the jokes just hit a little too close to home, eh, Tad?
Ashton
(sippingashton)

*sips red tea vigorously*
abraker
Tad Fibonacci
For some reason I have a feeling that Puzzle started all this just to prove that I'm a "mutant frog-human hybrid". To which I'm obviously not.
Puzzle, you should provide actual evidence instead of accusing with baseless conjectures.

Regarding the statement I've made about the evacuation of denizens in the area, abraker have already gave you a solid answer. You just decided to not address it and hide it in a wall of text in the hope that no one would take their time to read it.
There were no denizens that are living in the area, but the area was still open for denizen's traversal.
We had to set up a perimeter of the area and double check to make sure there were no denizens there.
That's why I used the term "Evacuate", it's still correct in this context.

And about the contradictions between data. I agree that it seems suspicious on the surface. But considering new information were gathered at a very fast pace, old info will also inevitably and quickly becomes obsolete.
At the time, since denizens were demanding answers, I had to answer them with everything that I knew.
By the time that abraker's report got published, some of the things I've said were proven to be not true and became obsolete.
It's true that some info I've provided through observation were proven to be false, but this by no means proves that I was lying.

Most of the info I've provided was of observation, but they are mostly correct.
For instance, I've said that all of the area's inhabitants were frogs and there were no reliable source of fresh water.
In abraker's reports, he stated that: "No remains of any frogs were found" and "This area never contained fresh water".
The bomb wiped out most things in the area, it wouldn't be strange if it wiped out the local frogs as well.
Another misconception is that frogs can't live in an environment that lacks fresh water. This is true for most cases, but the frogs sighted in the area were desert frogs.
They bury themselves in moist sand and wait for rain to mate.
There's no reason for me to lie about the existence of frogs.

The way I see it, denizen Puzzle is just trying to spread fear into the mass denizen by exaggerating the facts.
For whatever reason he does this I don't know, but I can't help but to sense a certain personal bias in his articles.
Topic Starter
ERA Puzzle

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Puzzle, you should provide actual evidence instead of accusing with baseless conjectures.

I wasn't aware "baseless" included statements from members of the OT government. I can go and grab screencaps of all the conversations as proof and evidence of the interviews if you'd like.

The only conjecture I make here is that the OT government doesn't have their shit together. I support this by cross-referencing statements made between interviews and publically available posts by the OT government. Anything else you're drawing from this is subtext and I explicitly state nothing else other than heavily implying that something is froggy fishy in the OT government right now. I guess you could also argue I conjecture that you're a good politician. That one might be a bit more baseless, but in my defense: You're a member of the government. You more or less started the whole thing. I think that's enough evidence to postulate that you at least know what you're doing.

Tad Ribbitnacci wrote:

And about the contradictions between data. I agree that it seems suspicious on the surface. But considering new information were gathered at a very fast pace, old info will also inevitably and quickly becomes obsolete.
At the time, since denizens were demanding answers, I had to answer them with everything that I knew.
By the time that abraker's report got published, some of the things I've said were proven to be not true and became obsolete.
It's true that some info I've provided through observation were proven to be false, but this by no means proves that I was lying.

You may not have been lying, yes, but the facts remain: You unleashed WMTs against a thread that were strong enough to distort the thread continuum. You made false statements about the incident itself, misleading the public. (Protip: In the future, wait until you have all the available information before making public statements as a political figure). You more or less subverted the President's authority in the matter - which you arguably have the legal right to do - but I call into question the moral veracity of such an action. And the OT Government has not done a very good job of clarifying the situation and taking a cohesive and unified stance.

The other thing I should mention that's relevant to this is that I'm an investigative journalist. This is what I do. I criticize and I scrutinize because I think it helps create a better society.

As for the freshwater thing: How can a swamp not have a source of water?!? That's contradictory.

And you're right, it wouldn't be strange if the frogs didn't have any remains. The weapon was obviously exceptionally powerful. Except you're already contradicting Abrakers point: He said frogs require fresh water. Now you're saying they were desert frogs and needed no such thing. Abrakers report heavily implied there were no frogs. Now you're saying there were frogs.

This is what the whole article is mostly about. Where's the continuity?
abraker
I guess it's time to pick you apart. I can't quote you directly due to risk of contamination, but screenshoting should do.

We ALL need to do our jobs better? What can we possibly do while elections were taking place? What could I have done to prevent this incident when I was not aware of the bombs in the first place?

There is nothing worse than a mod locking one of your threads. Shit being blow up was another day in OT. You guys have it too easy. Remove all the big threats and people will find even the smallest things a threat. Ofc we don't want shit being blown up, but we are heading in the right way as that happens less and less.

Poeple now I maek such sily typoes and dont know hoe to english. "uninhabited". Maybe you should have been a better journalist and questioned me on the discrepancy rather than excepting my words as is?

afik the president doesnt have nukes nor any control of weapons. Waging wars is not our intentions right now.

I still need to sort this shit out. Obviously Tad was sold on the idea it was a nuclear missile when it was not.

My team tested for frog species requiring water by measuring for trace minerals the develop in wet conditions. That said, I cannot confirm or deny the claims that there have been frogs in the area prior the event. All I know is that it would be hard for anything to live there due to lack of water.
Tad Fibonacci
abraker's reports didn't say that frogs didn't exist in the area, rather they were not found after the incident.
And I didn't say that frogs don't need fresh water to live either, I've clearly stated that "there were no reliable source of fresh water".
Which is true, since the frogs lives in cracks, away from direct sunlight and under soft and moist sand, they would only surface when it rains to mate.
So they do need fresh water to survive, it's just that they don't need as much as other kinds of frogs.

And about the info I've given. It's true that some things I've said were wrong, but I do remember saying about a future report later on will have further info.
I did not mislead any denizens, and if I did then I'm terribly sorry.
I guess people would maybe think that I lied about the frogs. Which is ridiculous since there's no reason for me to.
And about the contradiction in what I've said regarding the swamp and fresh water.
That was an honest mistake. For some reason I just thought of a thing but wrote down another. I was just tired at the time I suppose.

Regarding the morality of the action. I think it's up to each person's interpretation.
Sure, my actions were reckless and I've wiped out the local frogs population.
But those frogs were infected with an unknown strain of trashipitus. It would be disastrous if they were to spread.
So I helped abraker collect samples and I destroyed them.
After the incident, we found another unknown substance in the area.
We still don't know what it is or what it does but staff at the A-Breaking laboratories are working overtime to research into it.
For the time being, the substance doesn't seem to be harmful or have any negative effects towards denizens or the environment.
Zain Sugieres
dont worry ill expose everything from the inside
ColdTooth
zain how to be pro
Zain Sugieres
shut up
Carmlillball
That's enough of the forums for the month