forum

Keep #osu #annouce closed on login if closed last time

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
xenal
Title is self-explanatory. First thing I do each time I log in is to close both #osu and #announce since I NEVER go on them. Why, unlike other channels (at the exception of #lobby and #multiplayer), thoses 2 are forced to open each time. Players who wants to keep them would simply not close them in the first place, so I don't see a reason to reopen them.
abraker
I think this request would be better if it was remade to allow players set default chat tabs they want to have open. Possibly via right click on chat tab and check the option. All non default chat tabs then would be made not to show up when you launch the game.

To extend this further to have the benefits your request has, also add in another option that works as a conditional default chat if the chat tab was left open when the game closes.

So tl;dr have the following options when right clicking a chat tab:

• default - enabled always
• default - enabled only if left open
• default - disabled
Ashton

abraker wrote:

I think this request would be better if it was remade to allow players set default chat tabs they want to have open. Possibly via right click on chat tab and check the option. All non default chat tabs then would be made not to show up when you launch the game.

To extend this further to have the benefits your request has, also add in another option that works as a conditional default chat if the chat tab was left open when the game closes.

So tl;dr have the following options when right clicking a chat tab:

• default - enabled always
• default - enabled only if left open
• default - disabled

I would really enjoy this as I find it annoying having to close channels I don't care to look at every single time I open the game
Lyawi
#userlog bothers me even more in multiplayer, but that's not so much related i guess
Topic Starter
xenal

Lyawi wrote:

#userlog bothers me even more in multiplayer, but that's not so much related i guess
Userlog is indeed not that much related to the original proposition, but could support abraker view on it : choose which stuff pops up in userlog (multiplayer, retries, getting a score on a leaderboard, etc.)

abraker wrote:

So tl;dr have the following options when right clicking a chat tab
I think this is asking too much. Maybe as a lazer feature, but for the current time, should be kept simple with existing support.
ooq

xenal wrote:

abraker wrote:

So tl;dr have the following options when right clicking a chat tab
I think this is asking too much. Maybe as a lazer feature, but for the current time, should be kept simple with existing support.

Agreed. The simple option in the "options" menu to, for instance: "Open the following chat tabs on startup:", then have the user maybe list the channels, separated by a comma? Just an idea.
abraker
Guys, you realize that osu! stable is feature locked for the most part? This will be in lazer and only there.

This is not asking for too much. If this is to be implemented, it's best to implement it as one feature. Why split this up across multiple issues?