forum

FPS camera lock mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Syranos_old
This would be nice to have for those of us who use Osu! as a warm-up mechanic before getting onto FPS games. It doesn't even have to have a modifier so it doesn't affect rankings. Just a simple camera locks to cursor while playing, similar to Shoot the beat! by Snepif which can be seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTF7if4w5iM

Currently, I use both for warm-ups but I do have to admit that Shoot the beat! does not feel as smooth or as accurate as Osu!. It also has buttons that are too overlapped which make it difficult to tell how many clicks to press. I think a mod for Osu! that initializes a camera lock on the great maps Osu already has would be amazing for FPS practice.

I know This has been brought up before a LONG time(about 4 years) ago here: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/337513 but it is something I feel a Lot of FPS players would use (as I know a lot of players, some of which who are semi-professional, who already use Osu! for warm-ups).
abraker
Well when you put it that way, I am starting to see why this mod can be good. Tho there needs to be zoom/scale setting to this mod.

Anyway you provided the original thread for this, so this one is a duplicate.
Topic Starter
Syranos_old
Technically it may be a duplicate but the original post doesn't describe how it could be useful and has been dead for 3 years so I think this can be considered a legitimately new post.

I am not sure why a zoom function would be needed for this mod when it mainly would be used for mouse tracking training.
abraker
Revive the thread adding in the new insight on how it can be useful.

It's more desired to avoid duplicates with feature requests even if the request is old.

A zoom function would be useful because that's similar to adjusting FOV in an fps game.
chromb
This already exists in Mcosu, that has all of the features that you listed are also included.
abraker
Yea but it could also be in osu!, just sayin'