forum

[Archived] Weird lag issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MonsterCat
Basically, once in a while my osu just starts to lag as hell, I have 144hz display and sometimes my input lag just goes high and I feel like I'm playing on 60hz monitor.
My spec is Ryzen 1700, GTX1070, 16GB RAM 3200.
Windows 10 Build 17134

Also, this rarely happens when I play on speakers plugged in to headphone jack directly to my motherboard, however, when I'm using USB audio interface ( Focusrite Scarlett Solo ) it feels like I'm playing 60hz 90% of the time. Any help would be appreciated, if you need any additional info, please let me know, I can provide anything you want in order to resolve this issue.

Also, the USB Audio Card issue happens only while playing the map, on map list it works as intended, smooth 144hz.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://streamable.com/e7tlf

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
YYZ
Just by the way it comes in for a short duration I would think that a background program is causing it. If you really think its your scarlett solo, i would set its adv setting to (2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 hz) thats my setting and i feel like i would have set it to 24 bit if it wasn't causing issues for me. Idk maybe give it a shot and let me know.
Topic Starter
MonsterCat

YYZ wrote:

Just by the way it comes in for a short duration I would think that a background program is causing it. If you really think its your scarlett solo, i would set its adv setting to (2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 hz) thats my setting and i feel like i would have set it to 24 bit if it wasn't causing issues for me. Idk maybe give it a shot and let me know.

that's the setting I'm using, but the problem is, even when I'm not using it, issue (SOMETIMES) still occurs, and when I use my scarlett, it happens most of the times.
YYZ
try running in windowed and keep task manager open to see if a program is being demanding or something when the spikes happen.
Topic Starter
MonsterCat
Okay.

So, I found out what was the issue.

After I uninstalled Focusrite Audio USB drivers, there were 0 problems with my game's stability, but that makes my microphone (Rode NT1) sound very bad...
Topic Starter
MonsterCat
Anyone has idea what's up with the Focusrite drivers?
Anesthetize34
Hey just wanted to post here to say that I'm having similar issues with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I'm a new player, so figured I just sucked and could never quite get used to the timing. Which was frustrating since I'm a pianist and guitarist and should have a grasp of rhythm!

But today I used headphones straight into the motherboard instead and WOW what a difference. I don't want that to be the permanent solution, though, as I love using the Focusrite for all of my pc's audio.
Brodude1
Having the same issue here, insane amounts of audio delay and lag with scarlett solo drivers.

edit: solution is to switch interfaces/sell it. there's no fix.
Reno-
Same problem with Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd generation. Im running osu mania with GTX 1080 and 144hz monitor.
When I use my audio interface as my sound output source while playing osu, my game runs like 40hz. It feels really choppy and can't have precise accuracy because of it.
So when I disconnect my audio interface and use my mobo sound card, It feels like 144hz again. Weird bug.
Feels bad because I really love this audio interface
kazelone
I'm experiencing the same with a Tascam US-600.