forum

[Archived] There was an error during timing calculations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kelathis
"There was an error during timing calculations. If you continue to get this error, please update your AUDIO/SOUND CARD drivers! Your score will not be submitted for this play."
https://imgur.com/WrrKfda
So first of all, I've been getting this error on and off, but usually I could get rid of it by just relaunching my PC or such, but not this time. It's very annoying because I don't even know what causes it. I've tried messing around with my driver, closing it entirely, using the "repair osu!", moving over to the beta or cutting edge release, even switching headphones, but nothing seems to work. It seems like this time I can't get rid of it and that's very frustrating, and I can't even find forum posts about this error, only ones that were made a while ago, like in 2010 or such. Please help.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190315
Death
What does "messing around with your driver" entail? The error message says "please update your AUDIO/SOUND CARD drivers", is that what you did? If they were already up to date, did you try reinstalling them?

I'm pretty sure this error message can appear if you have an unstable overclock. So if you are overclocking your CPU, and none of the driver fixes worked, that is something to check.
Topic Starter
Kelathis
Seems like restarting my pc about 6 times in a row somehow fixed the problem, but I'm sure it will reapper again sometime in the future, just like it always does. However, the unstable overclock part may be the issue, I'll be sure to check if that's the case next time this happens.