forum

[Archived] Brightness changes when going into a beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kswag
Whenever I start up a beatmap, my brightness suddenly decreases for no reason and when I alt-tab or go back to the menu it slowly goes back to normal. I'm using two monitors and when I try it on my second one the brightness stays the same without changing which is what I want.

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Death
What are your specs? What monitors are you using?

There are quite a few different power settings that could cause your screen brightness to change (especially if you are on a laptop). You have different GPU power settings, Windows settings like adaptive brightness, etc.
Topic Starter
Kswag

Death wrote:

What are your specs? What monitors are you using?

There are quite a few different power settings that could cause your screen brightness to change (especially if you are on a laptop). You have different GPU power settings, Windows settings like adaptive brightness, etc.

My primary monitor is the aw2518hf and my secondary is the BenQ RL245. I have a gtx 780 which doesn't directly support the aw2518hf since it's a freesync monitor. I tried it on my second monitor and everything was fine it's just my primary that's having this problem.
Death
So I looked up the User's Guide for that monitor, and there are a few things that caught my attention.

The first thing I noticed is a setting called "Dark Stabilizer", which kind of sounds like it could cause something like this. There is also a dedicated toggle button for this setting next to all of the other buttons. If you weren't having issues before, maybe you accidentally clicked it.

Another thing I noticed is some sort of "Game Enhance Mode", which also has a dedicated button next to all of the other buttons on your monitor. Not exactly sure what this one does though.

And the third thing I noticed was a Power saving mode, but I think that is just puts your monitor to sleep faster, so I'm not too sure about that one.

Check to see if any of those things are causing issues.

I also found this guide which may also be of interest. There are a few customizable auto display modes for certain applications and what not.