forum

osu! Makes players buy supporter for og names?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deny_old_2
Hey, so I wanted to test if anyone could sumbit a username and turns out you can't.
I bought supporter and tested it out.
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/384785001171910657-548150055711014938-unknown.png
As you can see here it says "Ligma" is available
Now when I try to create a new account with that name it says that the name is already taken (which is not)https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/384785001171910657-548155090049957930-ds.PNG
Aiseca
@Death......

Uhm. What's this about?
Tad Fibonacci
*iluminati music starts*
abraker
So let me get this straight. . .

Your current username is Deny
Your username is also Anima_Lynx

. . . and you tried to make another account to see why changing name doesn't work

I don't know how to break this to you, but multiple accounts on osu! is a bannable offense
roshan117
lol banned
Aiseca

roshan117 wrote:

lol banned

And get this thread off of OT please...
abraker
ok so I have conducted a thorough investigation and have concluded bullshit.

Anima_Lynx was previous username prior to it being Deny. Deny prob tried to see if another name is available and it is from his account. Curious, he went to see if it's available to new users, and is not.

INSUFFICIENT INFO TO CONCLUDE VIOLATION OF OSU CODE 2432 SECTION A

all is a conspiracy
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

Anima_Lynx was previous username prior to it being Deny. Deny prob tried to see if another name is available and it is from his account. Curious, he went to see if it's available to new users, and is not.

all is a conspiracy

Big ooooooooof to that.
Topic Starter
Deny_old_2

abraker wrote:

all is a conspiracy

I'm not trying to have multiple accounts, I was just testing this and it seems like you have to buy a supporter in order to have names like that and I mean I think it could be good because some people would make accounts over and over to have lots of og names but idk I just find this intriguing

edit: And yes I tried to see if names like that are available to new users which isn't so idk if that's like on purpose or ?
cravenfiner
Ligma is already taken though they just haven’t done anything
https://osu.ppy.sh/users/12701813
Topic Starter
Deny_old_2

cravenfiner wrote:

Ligma is already taken though they just haven’t done anything
https://osu.ppy.sh/users/12701813

Ohhhh that makes sense so if you want to change your name and the person isn't using the account at all you could take his name?
Endaris
Yes

Additional info:
If a player has not signed in for at least 6 months and has no plays, their username may be reclaimed via the osu!store player name change page for a standard fee associated with username changes.

For every 500 plays an account has across all game modes, an additional year (365 days) will be added to the time before that user's name becomes available. This is to prevent people from stealing the usernames of active or recently retired players.
Topic Starter
Deny_old_2

Endaris wrote:

Yes

Additional info:
If a player has not signed in for at least 6 months and has no plays, their username may be reclaimed via the osu!store player name change page for a standard fee associated with username changes.

For every 500 plays an account has across all game modes, an additional year (365 days) will be added to the time before that user's name becomes available. This is to prevent people from stealing the usernames of active or recently retired players.

Okay well thank you for explaining me that