forum

[Archived] Half of my beatmaps are not showing up in game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Grimhilde
Problem Details:
Half of my beatmaps are not showing up. I have it set to sort by artist, and anything past maybe the letter L is showing up in osu. That is not a strict rule however, as some maps that should be there, based on the fact the artist name is before L, are not. The beatmaps still exist in the osu folder.

This is the first time I have played in a few days, so perhaps a bug with the updating? I opened osu, it said it needed to restart, so I hit the restart button, and didn't notice until I tried to search for a specific map.

How can I fix this? I'm running Stable. Also I have tried sorting by every other metric, and restarting, and waiting for an hour in case they magically came back.

osu! version: 20190207.1
Death
Make sure you are displaying beatmaps from 0 stars up to 10+ stars in osu!'s settings

If you have that set correctly, and your maps still aren't appearing try hitting F5 on the song selection screen and let your beatmaps reprocess.

If that also doesn't work, close the game, find the "osu!.db" file inside your osu! folder and move it to some other location on your computer (or delete it). Then, restart the game, head to the song selection screen again and you should see all of your maps reprocess, that means you did it correctly.
Topic Starter
Grimhilde
Thank you - I completely forgot about f5. I think all my maps are back, but my collections are still not showing the ones that had disappeared.

My collections are only showing songs up to the same artist letter as before. Can I fix that? I can't remember most of the song names that were in my collections before.

E: I checked a map that was in my collections and before, and now it's not listed or anything.
Death

Grimhilde wrote:

Thank you - I completely forgot about f5. I think all my maps are back, but my collections are still not showing the ones that had disappeared.

My collections are only showing songs up to the same artist letter as before. Can I fix that? I can't remember most of the song names that were in my collections before.

E: I checked a map that was in my collections and before, and now it's not listed or anything.
Have you tried restarting the game since you refreshed your maps? Collections are SUPER finicky, so if restarting doesn't fix it, you might not really be able to fix it.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by your edit.
Topic Starter
Grimhilde
I just meant that it didn't seem to be a case of the map not showing up in the collections, but simply not being in them any more. I have tried restarting, and no bueno.

I thought that was likely. My disappointment is immeasureable and my day is ruined. But thank you very much for your help all the same.
clammier
now im suffering the same fate
[AlphaCentauri]
did you try any of the solutions mentioned in this thread?

also make a new thread instead