forum

[Archived] Will switching from blues to reds will make me better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cewew
Will switching from blues to reds will make me better? Im wondering cuz i can't stream on blues so should i get a keypad?
Tobias Leander
Blues require 55cN force to press meanwhile reds require 45cN so yeah it will definitely make you able to stream better in the long run.
Death
No... Switching from blues to reds probably won't automatically make you better, and may not even help in the long run, even if reds have a very slightly lower actuation force. There is always a chance that you improve slightly, but if you do decide to go buy a keypad with red switches, keep in mind that nothing could change.

You will still need to practice, train, and go through all the normal motions of improving regardless of the switch type you have, and that is the key to improvement, not a 10g difference in actuation force.
Tobias Leander
I mean it will require less stamina which is why i switched from razer greens to cherry silvers switches myself, which means i can press more for less stamina, i do agree with that it wont automaticly make you better. But you will see improvements in the long run no matter which switches you use.
Death
Again, not automatically true that it will increase your stamina. This is a very big debate that has happened multiple times in the past, so it doesn't really need to happen here.

I wanted to make sure it was abundantly clear that changing to a different switch may not automatically make you insanely good at streaming (every aspect included), and you should be ready to be completely let down (though if it does help you'll be pleasantly surprised I suppose).