forum

A Hold feature.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +312
show more
theowest

nattap wrote:

sound like osu! stream.
that's exactly what it is.
DJKero
+4 Stars... Thumbs up! ;)
[Dellirium]

nattap wrote:

sound like osu! stream.
sure, why not?
U-3C
+1
H_Hitachiin
If you guys want a Hold thingy,I believe there's one in Osu!Stream XD
My1_old
guys, may I ask what a "Narakuhold" is, I have NO iShit, and I dont want to get it either (this includes the overseized MP3-Player, the phone which just works well when you have applied some "patches" and that wannabe Tablet)
SkyDevil

My1 wrote:

guys, may I ask what a "Narakuhold" is, I have NO iShit, and I dont want to get it either (this includes the overseized MP3-Player, the phone which just works well when you have applied some "patches" and that wannabe Tablet)
I think this is a naraku hold

btw whats your problem = =
Sephibro
Support and bump, let's add more fun to maps
Kiwyi
In osu stream the hold feature can be used wile something else is happening (one finger can be holding it down, wile the other finger can be sliding or tapping). What I think should happen is we have to click and hold the it with one key and hold it down wile using the other key to do somthing else.(you click it with K1, but you have to hold it down. as long as you do that you can move the cursor away and use K2 to move slider or something. when the hold it complete then you can let go)
To put both keys to use as well.
Toxi

Kiwyi wrote:

In osu stream the hold feature can be used wile something else is happening (one finger can be holding it down, wile the other finger can be sliding or tapping). What I think should happen is we have to click and hold the it with one key and hold it down wile using the other key to do somthing else.(you click it with K1, but you have to hold it down. as long as you do that you can move the cursor away and use K2 to move slider or something. when the hold it complete then you can let go)
To put both keys to use as well.

congrats, you just bumped a 5 year old post
Kiwyi
Thx lol
My1_old

Toxi wrote:

and what's the problem? necro ist imo better than when every time someone wants to say something about it they create a new topic.
Kiwyi

My1 wrote:

Toxi wrote:

and what's the problem? necro ist imo better than when every time someone wants to say something about it they create a new topic.

thx

besides, its a new idea on how to put the feature in the game
orbeezcult
Bump.
hold notes would be great.
Refills

orbeezcult wrote:

Bump.
hold notes would be great.

the thread is 8 years old
Shawdooow
This is a thing, its id is 128. Try looking at it in the editor for proof. Need more proof? Ok then, lazer calls 128 a Hold despite not even being implemented in lazer!
Jimi012
I think it would kind of destroy the "flow" of osu!.
Nuuskamuikkunen
As far as I know hold sliders are not allowed for ranking. They were allowed until early 2010 or a bit earlier (an era when the maps were... ugh...)
Well, it may be okay for osu!stream/droid users. But almost all players are in PC version so it would be senseless to hold the mouse in a game where you got to move mouse/pen constantly.
And if overused, they would make VERY boring maps.
Not to talk about CTB, it would make maps absurdly easy (Do you know how stressing is to stand still and then being attacked by jumps?). And people overusing HT in Taiko, etc.
So, NO. I don't agree. UNLESS there were a fifth game mode that would be played with multitouch screens, but as I said, we mostly play in PC and a considerable percentage of users doesn't have a touchscreen, plus, it would be arm-tiring to hold your fingers into a 32-inch monitor.
KirbyCreep
I was thinking the hold circle shoud have TWO aproach circles, one for the moment to press the circle, and another indicating the time.
Anyways, someone can leave me here how to do this on a slider using the .osu archives on the note bloc? I mean, what number I have to modify to modify the slider lenght
Vuelo Eluko

ShadronSoul wrote:

I think it would kind of destroy the "flow" of osu!.
repeat kicksliders are common and do the exact same thing to its flow, I have seen them made so small they are effectively hold notes and when used properly they are fine. Having them officially exists lets people make hold notes that don't have the issue of building up titanic amounts of combo/hp for what they are.
abraker
this feature is overdue

[ insert autistic "this will destroy mapping" freakout here ]

because haters gonna hate