forum

Osu! Random Skin - Start Osu! with a random skin ♥

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrCraftCod
If you are like me and have a lot of skins in osu! and like to change it often, this program is for you! Changing it is really a hard time because you never know whtch one to choose. This little program will do it for you, it you start this program, it will automaticaly choose a skin you have and start osu! :)
Infos
  1. :!: Requires Java (if you launch by the .jar) or .NET Framework 4 (if you launch by the .exe) to start :!:
  2. You can place the file where you want and move it as much as you want, it will always know what to do like a pro 8-)
  3. Last modification : 23/03 (version 1.5)
  4. This is experimental, I did it with my account and maybe there will be some bugs with others. Please report them in the thread or by PM and the monkey will try to solve them :o
  5. If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me them :roll:
Downloads
There is two versions of the program:
  1. OsuRandomSkin will launch the public version of osu!
  2. OsuTestRandomSkin will launch the test version of osu!
Osu! Random Skin (V1.5)(.exe)
Osu! Random Skin (V1)(.jar)
How to use it? (.exe)
Just double-click on the file :o

This little window is the only thing you will see :oops:
It asks you to give him where is the osu!.exe file.

When it's done, the path will be saved and you will never have to do it again (or maybe if you have moved the osu folder elsewhere :cry: )
How to use it? (.jar)
First you need to launch the jar file with Java
Rick click on the file, Open With -> Java (you can set it as the default program to launch jar files, it will be easy for the future ;) )

This little window is the only thing you will see :oops:
It asks you to give him where is the osu!.exe file.

When it's done, the path will be saved and you will never have to do it again (or maybe if you have moved the osu folder elsewhere :cry: )

How does this works?
It's really easy:
  • ♥ Get the path to the osu main folder (in config file or asks to the user)
    ♥ Get all the skins that are in the Skins folder
    ♥ Modify the osu!.<your username>.cfg to set the skin. (A copy of the file named as osu!.<your username>.cfg.ors will be made before each start, like that if there is a problem, you can get back the previous one)
    ♥ Finally, starts osu! :)
More infos
For those who are interested, the config file is in %appdata%/OsuRandomSkin/ with the name vars.ors and can be opened with a text file editor. This configuration file is shared between the Java and the C# versions of the program.
Changelog
Version 1.5:
♥ Made a C# version (now in .exe and with the osu! logo)

Version 1:
♥ Initial release :P
Piine
Just like the name, it is super random~ ;) I wish you more luck in developing Craft XD
[ Pingu ]
That's so cool! I used to have loads of skins, but I don't anymore. I bet loads of people will use this because it'll come in handy! :)
NeiKoZz
Dowloading is broken
Jears
Does someone still have the file? Download doesn't work anymore :(
martinds
quiro una nueva skins soyde argentina
- Marco -

martinds wrote:

quiro una nueva skins soyde argentina

Hi, on the Skinning subforum you can find new skins to download.
Or if you use reddit you can go to /r/osuskins
[-Noka_UwU-]
Well this has been bumped

well why not start with a new idea