forum

[Archived] I literally cannot play the game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kat0rix
Problem details:
i literally cant play. as soon as i open osu my screen freezes and refuses to move. on sharescreen it can move. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didnt work. please help. it wont move and it freezes on that exact frame.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Death
If you have Discord open, either close it completely (don't just let it minimize to your system tray), or disable its in-game overlay option through its User Settings. I believe that is a common cause of this issue.

If that doesn't work, look for and close any other programs you have running in the background that do something similar (to Discord's in-game overlay). Also try disabling Focus assist if you are on Windows 10.
Topic Starter
kat0rix

Death wrote:

If you have Discord open, either close it completely (don't just let it minimize to your system tray), or disable its in-game overlay option through its User Settings. I believe that is a common cause of this issue.

If that doesn't work, look for and close any other programs you have running in the background that do something similar (to Discord's in-game overlay). Also try disabling Focus assist if you are on Windows 10.

Do I just disable overlay for osu or in general?
Tobias Leander
Try to disable it in general, since it can cause problems for other games than just osu from my experience.