forum

[Archived] My Tablet stopped working properly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DJ_FluTTer_sHoK
So I was playing osu on my Intous CTH 490 and I get sweaty hands very quickly so I left my desk for like 30 seconds to wash my hands when I cam back my tablet didn't register my pen movements anymore. I couldn't move the cursor anymore except with my finger on the tablet. I also washed my pen since it doesn't have any batteries nor wires that could go oohm when touching the water.

I tried to reinstall drivers. Get the newest drivers possible which made it worse I couldn't move the cursor anymore at all. Tried to restart Wacom services on my PC, didn't work. I plugged the USB cable off the tablet and plugged it back in now I can't move my cursor with my fingers anymore yet again.

I tried everything I could think of, searched every forum I could find but nothing helped. The only thing I do know now is it's not a pen problem, that's it. I am really desperate for help.
Death
Maybe try restarting your computer? I'm assuming your tablet is not working anywhere, not just in osu!.

DJ_FluTTer_sHoK wrote:

I also washed my pen since it doesn't have any batteries nor wires that could go oohm when touching the water.
This was not a good idea at all. Just because there is no apparent power supply to some electronic device does not mean you are safe to go ahead and wash it with water...

DJ_FluTTer_sHoK wrote:

The only thing I do know now is it's not a pen problem, that's it.
How do you know this?
------
Assuming your pen is not broken, I believe a light should turn on when it comes in contact with your tablet. If it isn't doing that, contact Wacom's Support.

I believe there should be an option in your drivers to disable touch support. Perhaps it it automatically disabled when you reinstalled your drivers and that is why touch is not working, or perhaps that is also broken. In that case, you should contact Wacom's Support.

TLDR;
If you are having issues with your tablet that isn't specific to osu! (i.e. your tablet doesn't work on your desktop or anywhere else on your computer too), try contacting Wacom's Support. Generally there isn't much we can do on the forums to help with issues like that, and you seem to have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps.
Topic Starter
DJ_FluTTer_sHoK
I tried another pen which didn't work that's why I know it's not working properly. Where is the option to turn off touch support?
Death
There may or may not actually be a physical switch that you can use to turn it on and off. http://101.wacom.com/UserHelp/en/TOC/CTH-490.html?topicid=TouchOptions
Topic Starter
DJ_FluTTer_sHoK
okay I'll try that
Topic Starter
DJ_FluTTer_sHoK
how do I contact Wacom support btw?
Death
Click on the blue links in my first post.