forum

[Archived] Cursor only works on 1 half of the screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
whoskushh
Problem details:
Cursor only works on 1 half of the screen, It looks like its hitting an invisible wall. I've tried all possible solutions, From re-installing pen tablet drivers to re-installing the game. I've tried disabling raw input too and no I dont have a dual monitor set up. I'm using XP-Pen G430S and I'm stuck on what to do.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Not my video but this is exactly what's happening to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9h7yn0zHtA

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is your ingame sensitivity below 1x? If so, make sure it's at least 1x
Topic Starter
whoskushh
My in-game sensitivity is at 1x I've even tried increasing it a little bit to see if it changes anything but nothing. The bug only started today and I haven't done anything major for it to mess up like this :(
Topic Starter
whoskushh
bump
ImShilou

whoskushh wrote:

bump
Have you disabled windows ink? And if the problem continues try entering windowed mode (Alt+enter) And through the options, letterboxing may also help.

This issue normally happens to me on wacom tablets and I normally restart the drivers or check for windows ink. It's also common that this issue can happen when the pen is in mouse mode rather then pen mode.
Topic Starter
whoskushh
Thanks for taking your time to help with the issue, It only works when I play windowed but I just can't play it that way. I can't concentrate. Anyway I found a temporary fix for now and that is to play on a lower resolution. (1024 x 768) But it would be cool if I could play at native resolution. (1920x 1080)
RemedyOsu
I had the same issue as well, if you are using a multiple monitor setup, I think the issue is that while osu only opens on one screen the game itself thinks that you use both for the game. This is why when you set the tablet driver to monitor 1 it only stays on one half of the screen. If you put your tablet driver on both screens, you will see that it goes to the other side now, but the x and y axis ratios are not where they should be, and trying to perfect that is a hassle. My solution was to just disable the other monitor while I play osu.
-Lunar
Hey, i just started getting this problem, i have 2 monitors and I disabled windows ink and set my pen to only my main monitor but it still keeps stopping halfway, does anyone know how to fix this? also i probably wont see this on the osu website, so if you do know a fix then add my discord zzzlunar
Jason X
Please don't post on older threads, they barely get any attention at all.
Instead, make a new post in the Help forum, you can then link to older similar topics as a reference to your problem.