forum

[STD] Middle East osu! Tournament [10k - 200k] [REG CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rimumu

Hey all! Welcome to the Middle East osu! Tournament (MEoT)
Hosted by: Rimumu and papa poppy

This is an osu!standard 2v2 tournament single elimination, where players will sign up on their own and teams will be decided according to the player’s seed determined by the qualifier stage. The tournament will take about a month depending on the amount of players that signs up. The tournament takes a min of 16 teams and max of 24 teams with a rank limit of 10k - 200k

The team will consist of 2 players and will either be:
• Top seed + Low seed
• Mid seed + Mid seed

NOTE: Players must have a Middle East country flag on their profile to be eligible to enter this tournament.
The staff has the right to prevent any and all suspicious players from entering and playing the tournament.

How to Sign Up:

1) Join the Discord server
2) Go to #register chat channel
3) Write your information in this format (example):
Username: Rimumu
Profile link: https://osu.ppy.sh/users/5823005

Info

The Qualifier Stage

It will consist of 5 maps: 1NM, 1HD, 1HR, 1DT, 1FM
(All balanced between 3* – 4*)
For the FM (Freemod) pool, players must choose at least one mod from the following: HD, HR, EZ & FL NOTE: IF YOU CHOOSE EZ YOUR SCORE WILL BE DOUBLED

Up to 16 players MAX can be in one lobby, players in the same lobby will not be directly competing against each other. A player can opt-in for a 2nd round where they can replay all the 5 maps, their best score on the map will be taken.
FAILED SCORES COUNT AS 0. BUT YOU CAN REVIVE IF YOU FAIL AND STILL GET A SCORE.
Scores on a map determine the amount of points the player get for that map. All points will be accumulated after the player has finished playing all the map. To prevent unfair play, there will be a ranking point system in which players will have extra points added at the end according to their rank, furthermore a player cannot fail more than 3/5 maps or it will result in the player being ineligible to enter in the tournament.

NORMAL ROUNDS

RO16 (1 ban)
This will be BO9 (first to 5 points) and will consist of 13 maps: 4NM, 2HD, 2HR, 2DT, 2FM and 1TB (All balanced between 3.6* - 4.6*)

QF (2 bans)
This will be BO11 (first to 6 points) and will consist of 17 maps: 6NM, 3HD, 2HR, 2DT, 3FM and 1TB (All balanced between 4.0* - 5.2*)

SF (2 bans)
This will be BO11 (first to 6 points) and will consist of 17 maps: 6NM, 3HD, 2HR, 2DT, 3FM and 1TB (All balanced between 4.4* - 5.6*)

Finale (2 bans)
This will be BO13 (first to 7 points) and will consist of 21 maps: 6NM, 4HD, 3HR, 3DT, 4FM and 1TB (All balanced between 4.6* - 5.8*)

NOTE: For the FM pool, one player from each team must choose at least one mod from: HD, HR, EZ & FL

After Qualifiers there will be a team drawings livestream followed by a mappool showcase for RO16. The following week will then have a livestream of the current standings of the tournament + the next stage mappool showcase. This pretty much repeats until end of tournament. [/b] Finals and 3rd place match will definitely be livestreamed, all other matches depend on availability.

Prizes

1st Place: 2 months of supporter
2nd Place: 1 month of supporter
3rd Place: 1 month of supporter (Not confirmed)

If anyone else would like to pitch in (I am going broke xD), feel free to DM me on discord Rimu#6331

Schedules

Qualifiers: 31 January - 2 February
Round of 16: 4 February - 9 February
Quarter-final: 11 February - 16 February
Semi-final: 18 February - 23 February
Finale (and 3rd place match): 25 February - 2 March
Dates are all in 2019 of course

Match Procedures

Match Procedures (Qualifiers)
1. The lobby will be set to Head to Head and Score V2.
2. Referee will invite you to the lobby at the allotted time, you will be given 5 minutes to join the lobby. Failure to show up will result in your score being 0.
3. There will be no warmups.
4. Once you are in the lobby wait for other players (if any) to join.
5. After each map there will be a 2-minute grace period for you to ready up, after that 2 minutes is over the match will start regardless if you are ready or not.
6. The map pool will be played twice, you can opt-out for the 2nd round if you feel like you did your best in the first round. FAILED SCORES COUNT AS 0. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO REVIVE.
7. After the referee says that the match is finished, leave the room and wait for results.

Match Procedure
1. The lobby will be set to TeamVS and Score V2
2. Referee will invite the teams to the lobby at their allotted time, teams will be given 15 minutes to join the lobby. If a team doesn’t show up in time, it will be an automatic forfeit resulting in a default win for the other team that does show up
3. Each team will be given the opportunity to pick maps and ban map(s), the order will be determined by !roll. Captain of the team is the only one allowed to roll. Winner of roll will pick first and ban second, loser of roll will ban first and pick second etc... In addition, winner of the roll gets to pick one warmup map (both teams can agree to skip warmup)
4. After each map there will be a 3-minute grace period for the picking team to choose a map. After that 3 minutes is over and no map has been picked, the pick goes to the other team.

Mappool

Mappool will be available the Sunday before each round starts. So qualifiers mappool will be out on 27 January, RO16 mappool will be out 3 February and so on...
Mappool

Hanshie
Gonna be hype :)
greev
even 200K can do 5.2 stars so your limits are crazy to 100K only.
please adjust it to at least 150k to give more chance for people to join.
Momori
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Topic Starter
Rimumu

greevy wrote:

even 200K can do 5.2 stars so your limits are crazy to 100K only.
please adjust it to at least 150k to give more chance for people to join.

I know that 150k - 200k can pass 5.2* or even FC but that is taking into account that those 5* are probably farm maps.

Excluding the qualifiers, the star rating in this tournament doesn't necessarily represent the difficulty of the maps,I can assure you even rank 10k players will struggle with some of the 4* maps.

If you don't believe me my co-host can confirm, so sorry but I will not be changing the rank limit.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Edythator
owo!! hype af
omqitsHqmie
wassup Indra, nice tournament youre hosting here
Topic Starter
Rimumu
a
omqitsHqmie

Rimumu wrote:

omqitsHqmie wrote:

wassup Indra, nice tournament youre hosting here