forum

[Archived] Game Crashes on startup (Can't find the Intel graphics)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CookieOGee
Problem Details: Hello, I have not played osu in awhile, but when I try to start the game, I get a box that pop which says: OpenGL ES Error: Can't find the Intel Graphics, and if I press 'ok" the box pops up again, and then my osu crash message comes up, I need to use my Nvidia card to play this because the integrated graphics causes some serious frame drops, so If anyone could help that would be much appreciated. (I have also tried all of the 'temporary fixes' such as changing some values in the user.cfg file, all of it did not work.)

Below are my Specs, a screenshot and the crash report.

Specs: Intel Core i7-8750H
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 MaxQ
32GB DDR4 Ram
Windows 10 Home
512 GB M.2 SSD

Crash Report:
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=zX6D6QxkrmLae6213Eg_KI9nJ0ivW.#=zjod0BK8=(Int32 #=zzRmqCpw=, Int32 #=zJsnFRmM=, GraphicsContextFlags #=z2XHdB0Q=)
at #=zGRACLtW51QfhNXz8YUqv9P4=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zwQratfs=)
at #=zZcmpTEtszZUkVrAT5upgEaVjokhe.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zwQratfs=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zV5AV41OBhkXH5DbR2HmjNZY=.WndProc(Message& #=zkAzU6KI=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://imgur.com/a/ZiGFlPi

osu! version: 20181231.2
Dntm8kmeeatu
Here;

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.
Topic Starter
CookieOGee
OK, I downloaded them from Intel's website, made sure it was the correct one, but I am still having the same issue.
Death
Which driver version did you download?
Topic Starter
CookieOGee
I could not find my Intel chip on their website, so I used Intel's Driver & Support Assistant to tell me which ones needed to be updated, and it recommended me to download Version
25.20.100.6471, which according to the website is the latest version.
Death
Take a look at my post in this thread. I think it's possible Intel's new DCH drivers are causing this issue for some people (still don't know why though).

If you are willing to try uninstalling them and using Intel's "Legacy" drivers, that would be a great help. It is important that you follow the directions as detailed on this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?v=t

As for the driver you actually need to install, based on your CPU it appears you are using UHD Graphics 630. This driver seems to support that. You may be able to double check by expanding the "Display adapters" section of your device manager though.
Topic Starter
CookieOGee
I'm not quite sure why it's having trouble with the Intel chip when I told Nvidia Control Panel to prioritize OSU to use my Nvidia card, Should I still try to use the legacy drivers? (Both my Nvidia and Intel Chips are "seemingly" up to date)
Death

CookieOGee wrote:

I'm not quite sure why it's having trouble with the Intel chip when I told Nvidia Control Panel to prioritize OSU to use my Nvidia card, Should I still try to use the legacy drivers? (Both my Nvidia and Intel Chips are "seemingly" up to date)
Yes, you should probably try it.

Based on your specs I'm assuming you are on a laptop. Without going into a ton of detail, your Integrated GPU is likely still in use because it's displaying the final images on your screen, even if your dGPU is doing all of the work. I can only assume this is why Intel drivers still matter for this error and the older "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver" error too.
Sekki_
This same exact thing happened to me all because I made the horrible mistake of clicking the "compatibility mode" option in the settings. You can't uncheck the option because you're game won't open in the first place, so I just reinstalled Osu! through the setup wizard. After that, I copied all of the new files (except the folders) into the old Osu! folder I had that was broken. Doing this fixed whatever I had broke and allowed me to keep all of my skins, beatmaps, etc. I hope this works for you too!
Death

Athopium wrote:

This same exact thing happened to me all because I made the horrible mistake of clicking the "compatibility mode" option in the settings. You can't uncheck the option because you're game won't open in the first place, so I just reinstalled Osu! through the setup wizard. After that, I copied all of the new files (except the folders) into the old Osu! folder I had that was broken. Doing this fixed whatever I had broke and allowed me to keep all of my skins, beatmaps, etc. I hope this works for you too!
A method to disable compatibility mode without reinstalling the game was mentioned in the first reply to this thread by the way.