forum

[Archived] Window occasionally goes black/transparent

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
run
Ok so sometimes (it seems pretty random) when going to the map select screen in multi or solo the screen just goes full black. This also somtimes happens when going back to the map select screen from the end score screen or when starting a match in multi. Also, it happened to today me during a multi game when the map went to a break, but this hasn't happened before. I'm curious to know if it's to do with windows 7 because I recently upgraded from vista. I uninstalled osu before the upgrade and reinstalled after. I didn't have this issue beforehand. When the screen is black, I can still interact with everything that would be showing on the screen and when I alt tab out and back in the visuals of the screen the same but I'm able to interact with the osu window.
Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Death
I don't think this issue is related to Windows 7 on its own per se, but it could be related to the fact that you recently upgraded.

You might want to try reinstalling your graphics drivers if you haven't already. If you tell me what GPU is in your computer I can get some links for you if you want. You could also try repairing the game. You may have a "repair osu!" shortcut in your osu! folder already, but if you don't, hold the shift button down while the game is starting and a configuration dialog will pop up.
Topic Starter
run

Death wrote:

I don't think this issue is related to Windows 7 on its own per se, but it could be related to the fact that you recently upgraded.
You might want to try reinstalling your graphics drivers if you haven't already. If you tell me what GPU is in your computer I can get some links for you if you want. You could also try repairing the game. You may have a "repair osu!" shortcut in your osu! folder already, but if you don't, hold the shift button down while the game is starting and a configuration dialog will pop up.

Ok thanks, I'll try reinstalling my graphics drivers as I think they may be the issue