forum

[Rule addition] Addition to Metadata guidelines

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Grimbow
Proposal to add a guideline in the "Metadata" RC covering inconsistent titles/metadata in general

Due to a recent discussion (here), I believe there needs to be an addition to the Metadata RC, possibly under the standardisation heading, to cover the grey area of when an artist or remixer has inconsistent naming/formatting across all platforms. The closest rule currently touching this subject is:

1. Official Sources must be used as references for metadata unless none are available. In that case use what is most common and recognizable.

But this doesn't quite touch on if nothing is common, so I'd like to propose something, maybe a small library of words or other suggestions, that would help cover this in the rules and avoid a future problems of this kind
pishifat
i think if there's no official sources available, people will use the next best thing regardless of there being a rule for it or not. pretty much every song has some sort of online publication/listing though, so standardizing a thing with such little isn't necessary

also the discussion used to justify this rule seems like it came to a different conclusion ok