forum

Different Settings as Different "Profiles"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +81
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Say, I use windowed mode when playing osu!std and use fullscreen with volume a bit lowered when playing osu!m so that I can hear my keyboard.

I have to keep switching.

How about a "profiles" system where you can set settings differently in each profile and activate it by clicking on it.

To change a setting in the profile, just load the profile and change the settings, those settings will then be saved after the change has been completed?
potato44
I also think this is useful as i like having different defaults for my visual settings between mania and standard.
For example: I like using beatmap hitsounds for mania but i prefer to use my skins hitsounds for standard, and its annoying to switch the default state between these in options everytime i switch modes.
It would also be interesting because if these profiles could be used for every setting they would allow us to swap skins for different modes if say your profiles corresponded with modes.
Bara-
Skins per mode has been requested before ^^

OT: I like this idea. I don't Multi-mode often anymore, but whenever I play taiko some things just feel weird
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Baraatje123 wrote:

Skins per mode has been requested before ^^

OT: I like this idea. I don't Multi-mode often anymore, but whenever I play taiko some things just feel weird

Glad you like the idea!

It's not just skin per mode but also, as you've gathered, settings too.
xxxd34thl0v3xxx
Yes pls
Some people play on multiple resolutions and circle sizes
Add some hotkeys to switch profiles like Alt + 1/2/3/4 would be nice
Flanster
I actually had an idea to make a program to do this.
Ted_the_red
This would be nice to have since I like to have settings like backgrounds, sounds, effects and skins on/off for different modes and it's always a hassle to change these every time I want to play a different mode. the CE update which lets you open options in song select helps but it's still kind of annoying to change these options all the time
Scarlet Evans
Very good idea!
Also, if you are suddenly playing a game mode different than the one that is chosen as your actual mode, the game should automatically change the mode (and here a profile too) automatically. It's so annoying, when you just want to play a different stuff and you have to keep changing the game modes manually, because otherwise you won't see the rank change after completing the play (if it's in other game mode than actually chosen one) and the rank being shown itself can get bugged (glitches out both in multi like in solo) and you will be receiving a glitched +/- XXX ranks from some other game mode after further plays... >_<
Tsukasa Kitsune
I like this idea. I actually play on my laptop a lot, then when home I connect up to a second monitor. Having some sort of "Profile" setup like that would make for a smoother transition between setups. I think this would be especially true for fullscreen/windowed and resolution settings.
Ysera
I'd absolutely love this. With so many settings being changed (even just slightly) between gamemodes, this would make my life so much easier.
animexamera
yes please, switching skins and other settings can be so annoying.
Also if you like playing many modes consider joining the osu!All-Mode-Community!
We are a group of people that plays All Modes
-Flashlight-
yes