forum

[Archived] Weird sound in osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arristocats
Problem details:
When I open osu! the music of the game makes a horrible noise like 8bit music. There is only the music of the game that does that the effects work properly. I already try to reinstall the game and update my audio / graphics drivers ... but nothing changes. This is not due to my headphones because even on another audio output the sound bug persists.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/2nsx6mteNWE

(Put the sound louder to hear better)

I just found something to temporarily stop this horrible noise: if I run a beatmap, I let myself lose and I restart the beatmap the sound becomes normal time for music. But the noise comes back as soon as I change the beatmap. https://youtu.be/gksB3gEzQI4

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20181221.2
Topic Starter
Arristocats
Even without any skin it's the same, how could i change my version of osu! ?
Merami Fox
setting-search version-select cutting edge
Lyawi

gemskingZZZ wrote:

it must be your skin because skins can change it

That's not true...?

Arristocats wrote:

how could i change my version of osu! ?

In options, type "release stream" to find the option you can change it with

But to be honest, for you, you should try repairing osu! and hope this would fix it.
How: hold shift while opening osu! and change your version (release stream) from there.

click "repair osu!" after that.
Topic Starter
Arristocats

Lyawi wrote:

gemskingZZZ wrote:

it must be your skin because skins can change it

That's not true...?

Arristocats wrote:

how could i change my version of osu! ?

In options, type "release stream" to find the option you can change it with

But to be honest, for you, you should try repairing osu! and hope this would fix it.
How: hold shift while opening osu! and change your version (release stream) from there.

click "repair osu!" after that.

Unfortunately nothing changes
JessAmHappyFake
sounds like alot of problems. not worth downloading. i tried more than 25 times. gemsking responded saying that he could send a virus.