forum

[Tutorial] osu!mania mapping, Basics

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dargor3012
but when i play other songs that are allready made on osu mania it will adjust the notes based on the keys i choose while staying on the same difficulty
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Choosing your own number of keys only works for osu! standard beatmaps. Those songs are not made for osu!mania. Songs made specifically for mania are fixed on the key amount the mapper intended their map to be.

Here are the difficulty symbols for all the game modes:

Star shape = osu! standard
Drum shape = Taiko
Note shape = osu! mania
Fruit shape = Catch The Beat
Taadashi
Just a quick question. Is there anyways to make the composer play only one beat at a time? Instead of having it play through the whole song?
kratosfamily
Thanks for the tutorial,it's really helpful to me~~
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Welcome
Avoya
aa
NaixKole
Thanks for the tutorial, it's very helpful :D

but i think none of the videos works anymore? ._.
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Sorry about this. I uploaded one anime osu beatmap and i got my account banned for this
Kamikaze

Hanyuu wrote:

Sorry about this. I uploaded one anime osu beatmap and i got my account banned for this
Weird, I've been uploading this kind of stuff for many months now and I only got 1 warning for Weed Circulation replay
Reba
Very nice information :)
seoulkun
when i drag an mp3 it always turn to edit an osu! map not for osu!mania! help :(
radivan2010
how to put sample to hitsound... i had put sample, but when i press R for clap, the hitsound not changed.
lenpai

seoulkun wrote:

when i drag an mp3 it always turn to edit an osu! map not for osu!mania! help :(
Because revivng old but sticked post *cough

If you use a Mac, get a VM (like parallels) or Bootcamp. Osu editor is crap in a Mac as the standard mode can only be mapped
As for Windows, At the part where they ask the main details of the song (name,
Artist, tags, etc.) go to the last tab and find the modes and change "All" to "osu!mania"

Hope this helps!
icangicung
i hope there's still people here, is there anyway to make beatmap for mania like in 'tap tap revenge' ? this is getting really frustating :( please advise.
Rilene

icangicung wrote:

i hope there's still people here, is there anyway to make beatmap for mania like in 'tap tap revenge' ? this is getting really frustating :( please advise.
tap tap revenge? so you want to make it 3 keys? =o
Ronskie1999
Videos are dead :(
OnosakiHito
Unsticking the tutorial since most of the videos are dead which were the pivotal point for the guide.
Additionals, there is a new Mania Tutorial you can check: t/439430
Miapp
I still dont know, where can I set that I vant 4k? :/
abraker

PSA: If you gonna make a tutorial, how to, or any resourceful thread, make sure the external sources are going last for a long time. Thank you.

StairGuy29
This helped thanks
cozyin
And how do you import the song, to start with?