forum

[Archived] Stuttering and significant Frame Drop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MafagafoGirl
Problem details:
As said in title, recently Osu started showing stuttering and frame dropping while in-game. I've returned after a two year hiatus from playing because of a broken tablet, and Osu definitely didn't have a stutter then (still have the same computer --only change is an upgrade on RAM). I thought it might've been an issue with my new tablet (since it's a different brand), but when I tried playing without using it the game still showed severe and random frame drops. I didn't test other modes apart from very easy mania maps, and in mania it seems like the stutter is a bit less frequent and moderate.

I tried also reinstalling Osu and fiddled with all the configurations tab, to no better result.

These are my computer's specs (I doubt they're the issue, but it doesn't do any harm to put them here):
-Win 10
-Intel Core i3-4150 @ 3.50 GHz
-Intel HD Graphics 4400 (integrated)
-8 GB RAM
-500 GB HD
-Huion H430P tablet (I previously used a Wacom Intuos Pen Small, if the change in tablet could be the issue)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I scroll through my configurations at the beginning, if I go too quick feel free to pause and read it through, and try a short-ish map twice to illustrate how the stuttering works. Sometimes it's just once per beatmap, sometimes it's more.

https://youtu.be/cNjxhzYooBI

osu! version: Stable 20181228.2 (latest)

Thanks!