forum

[Archived] Korean, Japanese, Mandarin Appearing As Boxes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sejimiyu
I know that there are other forums on here, but they are pretty outdated. So I decided to just create a new topic.

I've searched into the osu! contents and have been able to find things, but those attempts have not worked. Trying to install the fonts on Winetricks did completely nothing. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I really need someone to guide me through this!

>I also am terrible at reading English nowadays and it takes me ages, I just prefer to either use Korean or Japanese, I read those two comfortably.
>I also know that my time is currently incorrect, I just couldn't be bothered to change my MacBook region, n' stuff.

Please help me!
Death
How did you go about installing fonts with Winetricks? I believe the only time I've ever actually seen this issue successfully resolved was when someone did that.
Topic Starter
Sejimiyu

Death wrote:

How did you go about installing fonts with Winetricks? I believe the only time I've ever actually seen this issue successfully resolved was when someone did that.

Well I was just looking through the contents of osu! because I was really desperate to fix the issue (I still am.) I saw this tab called, "font" or something like that and saw the East Asian fonts. After running it, nothing happened. I'm still looking for a solution.
player_9461256
yeah I think this happens for most custom fonts in games on mac. The same thing happens to me, and it also happens in other games.