forum

[resolved] Don't know how to update MacOS osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Weebosaur
Recently ranked beatmaps will not submit score when I play them. A red box comes up in the bottom right corner of the screen saying "ERROR: Your version of osu! is too old to submit scores! Please run the updater."

Idk how to update osu! cuz I use a macOS version. Plz help. Thanks

osu! version: Stable 20180811.2
Death

Weebosaur wrote:

osu! version: Stable 20180811.2
Can you confirm whether this version is correct? It should be listed at the bottom of the options menu in-game. And do you remember which release you downloaded from https://osx.ppy.sh initially?

Have you tried hitting the "Run osu! updater" button in the options menu?

If you have and you are still receiving this error message, either follow the "Updating the osu! executable" step from this thread or, if you downloaded either the Stable or Alpha release from https://osx.ppy.sh, try downloading the unofficial update.
Topic Starter
Weebosaur
The version I currently play is b20160403.6 (Stable Fallback)
Death
What I posted previously should still apply. If you downloaded the Stable release initially then you will be locked on Fallback (which is an old build). In order to get off of it you'll need to download one of the other releases. If you already happen to be on one of those two other releases, then either try changing your release stream to Stable(Latest) through osu!'s settings, or follow that "Updating the osu! executable" section of the thread I linked.
Topic Starter
Weebosaur
I can download another release (newest unofficial one) perfectly fine and can access the application. But whenever I try running the app, it never loads and just quits.
Technocoder

Weebosaur wrote:

I can download another release (newest unofficial one) perfectly fine and can access the application. But whenever I try running the app, it never loads and just quits.

Ensure that the application was extracted outside of the Downloads folder. After that, ensure that you right click the application and click open instead of double clicking.
Topic Starter
Weebosaur
All fixed, finally downloaded the unofficial version with 0 problems and a billion benefits. TYSM Death and Technocoder. I also really liked your new youtube guide video, Technocoder, helped me a ton.