forum

[resolved] not being able to cancel bss

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lyawi

if i click on x it will automatically submit my beatmap, though i didnt mean to actually submit it

wondering if its actually intention to not be able to cancel after you clicked "submit new beatmap" before? thats shitty
osu! version: Stable 20181101.2 (latest)
alfexendor
Disclaimer: Not a developer, I just have quite a bit of experience with computers
This definitely seems like quite a strange bug, but here are some causes that I think are happening
1. Have you updated Osu! To the latest client/version. If so just update it
2. Do you have a slow/ Low-end/ damaged PC? I'm not saying get the highest end Pc that there is but a repair or a check may find some obstructions
3. Have you run any virus scans since this has started? There may be some viruses that cause unnecessary process executions, just run a thorough virus scan and it may go away.

Kind regards,
Alfexendor
Topic Starter
Lyawi
i doubt its on my end
Flanster
BSS has been functioning like this for a long time. Theres a certain point during the submission process where theres no turning back. Changes are being calculated and submitted to the servers. This occurs before you get the "ding" sound where absolutely everything has been processed. You do have a small window of cancelling while its preparing changes/files but once it goes into submitting things, logically its not recommended to close it midway as theres a potential risk of serverside file corruption. To me this sounds like intended behaviour. I'm not even sure what "i didnt mean to actually submit it" means. Watch what buttons you're pressing.

alfexendor wrote:

Disclaimer: Not a developer, I just have quite a bit of experience with computers
This definitely seems like quite a strange bug, but here are some causes that I think are happening
1. Have you updated Osu! To the latest client/version. If so just update it
2. Do you have a slow/ Low-end/ damaged PC? I'm not saying get the highest end Pc that there is but a repair or a check may find some obstructions
3. Have you run any virus scans since this has started? There may be some viruses that cause unnecessary process executions, just run a thorough virus scan and it may go away.

Kind regards,
Alfexendor

What are you talking about...
Topic Starter
Lyawi

Flanster wrote:

To me this sounds like intended behaviour.

well yeah, i explained someone how to upload a beatmap and opened it all for screenshots
but now when i think about it, nobody would click so many buttons just to cancel it. gonna call it my bad then!