forum

Stuck at Around 4-4.7* on Osu-Mania.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dehznik
I've been progressing insanely quickly throughout the first 3 months that I've played this gamemode, yet I've seem to hit a wall at around this area. I'm really starting to notice the inexperience catch up to me, as I cannot even play some patterns purely because I cannot seem to move my fingers fast enough. Speed and stamina are starting to because an issue for me. Any tips to help with further boosting skill as quickly as possible?
Martinsanity
hey i've been playing for 3 months too. you should try playing the stepmania 4k pack with SM rates and other converts if you haven't already, they really helped me. osu ranked maps can only help u improve up until a certain point. something else that helped me was just trying out a lot of different skins. good luck!
Bobbias
Finger speed issues are almost 100% caused by issues with reading patterns, whether you realize it or not. The longer it takes to read a pattern, the less time you have to move your fingers to actually hit the notes.

I'd suggest trying out some different skins (it can a while to get used to a skin, so don't worry if you feel awkward at first), checking out unranked maps (believe it or not, most of the best maps are unranked), practicing maps converted from other games (namely, stepmania), and focusing on identifying and practicing the specific sort of patterns you have trouble hitting. Watch replays of your plays and look at exactly where you're missing, or losing accuracy, and try to identify which patterns you have the most difficulty with, and actively look for more maps that have those patterns. You've reached a skill level where focused practice becomes more useful.
Topic Starter
Dehznik

Martinsanity wrote:

hey i've been playing for 3 months too. you should try playing the stepmania 4k pack with SM rates and other converts if you haven't already, they really helped me. osu ranked maps can only help u improve up until a certain point. something else that helped me was just trying out a lot of different skins. good luck!

Do you know where to find this particular pack?
TruthIsNear

Dehznik wrote:

Do you know where to find this particular pack?

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/399593