forum

[Archived] Osu Database shows some of my ranks wrong

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KillBottt
Don't ask me why, but I've been trying to only get A and above ranks since I started playing mania.
I checked with the support tag whether I really didn't have any rank below A (Except for 2 Bs where I fucked up) and it turns out I do.

osu= Group= no group, Sort= By rank achieved, Mode= Mania
Site= General= include converted beatmaps, Mode= osu!mania, Categories= Ranked & Approved, Ranked Achieved= B/C/D

The problem is that I'm sure I got all the beatmaps shown to have B/C/D ranks (I even redownloaded them) but the ranks don't show on osu (image above).
I tried:
  1. Restarting chrome, restarting osu, refreshing beatmaps with f5
  2. Beating them again to make sure they aren't just local ranks
  3. Looking at my ranks for the maps online

As you can see, even though the beatmap search says that I have a B on "Kaga Misaki".
When I search trough all the difficulties of the map, it only shows 90%+ accuracies (Which means A or above on mania) or that I haven't played the map yet.

Waiting won't help eighter because some of these "fake" ranks are months old.
I might seem like an idiot for caring but if you think you could help me please do!
Thanks in advance,

KillBottt

P.s. Please tell me if the images don't show. The links are from discord pms.
Death
I'm kind of having a bit of trouble understanding where this issue is occurring. Are you saying the beatmap listing is showing maps that you don't have a B, C, or D on, even though that is what you applied as a search filter? Does the same issue occur when you use the old site's beatmap search? You can get to the old site by clicking on the circular button at the bottom left of the page.

In the example you showed, Kaga Misaki, it's possible that might be showing up because you have a B rank on the easy difficulty with No Fail from ten months ago and your highest score for each mod combination is saved. I'm not sure if that is intentional when you use that Rank Achieved filter, but that does seem to be the reason.

I also just checked Banana Street and it looks like you have a D rank on the Easy difficulty with no mods, while your highest score is an S rank with 5k. So I have a feeling the same thing will apply in some form with each of the maps listed.
Topic Starter
KillBottt

Death wrote:

I'm kind of having a bit of trouble understanding where this issue is occurring. Are you saying the beatmap listing is showing maps that you don't have a B, C, or D on, even though that is what you applied as a search filter? Does the same issue occur when you use the old site's beatmap search? You can get to the old site by clicking on the circular button at the bottom left of the page.

In the example you showed, Kaga Misaki, it's possible that might be showing up on the site because you have a B rank on the easy difficulty with No Fail from ten months ago and osu! stores your highest play for each mod combination. I'm not sure if that is intentionally why it's showing up when you use that Rank Achieved filter, but that does seem to be the reason.

I also just checked Banana Street and it looks like you have a D rank on the Easy difficulty with no mods, while your highest score is an S rank with 5k. So I have a feeling the same thing will apply in some form with each of the maps listed.

I think you understand my issue correctly.
Switching to the old site and applying the same filters shows the same result.
You might be right about the mod part though.
I will try it out right now and give an update on the result.
Thanks for the advice!

Death was right!
I have B and worse mod ranks on the maps shown that I didn't see in game nor on the site because they weren't my highscores and I didn't filter per mod.

How do I archieve or close this Topic?
Death
I'll keep it open for now while I try to find out whether or not that is intentional. If it is (which is most likely the case) someone will mark this as resolved.
Topic Starter
KillBottt
One last question.
Is there any way to easily see all the ranks you achieved on a map?
I've been looking at every mod for every difficulty of the maps where I have a bad rank and only managed to find 2 ranks I had to improve yet.
I can't just look at my local ranks since I've reinstalled windows very recently and most of my local ranks are gone.
Death
I used this extension which allows you to search for a specific player's scores on a difficulty. Probably faster than what you are doing right now, but still takes a bit of time.
Topic Starter
KillBottt
Awesome!
This will make it a lot easier.
Thanks again :D