forum

[Archived] 6 ms latency on GTX1070, integrated GPU > dedicated GPU??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Matcha7
Am I getting the FPS/latency I should be getting? I heard that people with GTX1050s can get 500 fps while I am struggling to hit 200 consistently on a GTX1070. From what I've read, latency is basically (1000ms / my framerate) = frame time = how long it takes to process my input (monitor refresh rate is irrelevant). How am I getting around 6 ms latency if some people are getting 0.5 ms on similar hardware?

My laptop specifications:
CPU - i7-7700HQ 2.80 GHZ
GPUs - Nvidia GTX1070 (mobile) and Intel HD Graphics 630
Ram - 16gb
Monitor Refresh Rate - 120hz
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9471827

I have tried:
Setting frame limiter to unlimited (turning off vsync)
Turning off all of the effects in-game
Trying to disable Windows Aero (not possible since Windows 10 does not have Aero)
Adjusted for best performance in Window's Advanced system settings
Turning off vsync in Nvidia Control Panel
I have disabled Discord overlay
I have disabled GeForce Experience overlay
I closed all programs besides osu!
EliteDonut's latency guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFWZUrXJz4
HappyStick's latency video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWFIbap_h4s

P.S. Wtf is going on? Somehow when I selected osu! to run on integrated Intel graphics card, I get higher FPS at around 250 in-game, at ~4ms latency. How is intel graphics outperforming a gtx1070? https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/8duswv/discussionwhy_laptops_run_better_with_integrated/ I read this article too. I didn't fully understand it, but according to task manager, I don't have much activity in the copy section like the person did in the reddit post.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Is it possible to decrease my latency even further? Thank you so much in advance!!
cravenfiner
i know a few people who has a problem with the discord overlay that made their ms rise so maybe try disabling that if you have it
Szabir
You should look into Youtube videos like "How to fix low fps in *games*". The NVIDIA settings aren't enough. If it's still not working scan for viruses or look into Task Manager and close unneeded programmes.

How @cravenfiner said: App's overlays may cause problems.

EDIT: What antivirus you have?
Topic Starter
Matcha7
Disabled geforce experience overlay and I know have around 5-6 ms. Which is an improvement I guess.

Szabir wrote:

EDIT: What antivirus you have?

I don't have a paid antivirus. I could get malwarebytes however. I will try and see if it improves the game performance. Thanks!
Daduch
Disabling windows areo helped me a little
Topic Starter
Matcha7

Daduch wrote:

Disabling windows areo helped me a little
I am running on Windows 10 which does not have Windows aero. I have selected run on best performance in Windows Settings.
Zekro_3300
What version of windows 10 are you using? also have you tried disabling all the shaders and stuff in the osu client?

Also if you're willing to try it I have a windows 10 debloater that deletes all the shit that clogs up windows 10 but I'd have to show you how to use it via a video call in discord - Zekro#3591
Topic Starter
Matcha7

Zekro_3300 wrote:

What version of windows 10 are you using? also have you tried disabling all the shaders and stuff in the osu client?

Also if you're willing to try it I have a windows 10 debloater that deletes all the shit that clogs up windows 10 but I'd have to show you how to use it via a video call in discord - Zekro#3591

Yes I have disabled all the shaders. Do you have a link to the windows 10 debloater?
Donga
I currently have a similar problem, and I also have tried a whole crap load of things to get the fps and latency down. Fps is capped at 100 for me and I get 10/ms latency. The only success I've ever had at getting it lower was when I reinstalled nvidia geforce experience, which brought me down to .3/ms and like 500 fps. I think for some reason nvidia is changing a setting and I cant figure out what it is. I've disabled every single overlay in geforce experience and still had everything get reverted back to 100 fps and 10/ms for some reason. I'd like to think its a resolution problem but I just have no idea. If anyone winds up reading this and has any clue, please let me know!