forum

[Archived] How can a lower accuracy get a better score?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZeldaGamer11
Problem Details:
I play catch! and I don't know if this is a bug or just the gamemode being bad but there are several maps where I have gotten an S rank that I cannot beat with an SS. Which makes no sense. How can a map let you have a better score for less fruit/drops caught?
If it has bonus bananas then it makes sense but the ones i'm complaining about don't.

Help/Plz fix

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20181024.2
Death
Do you think you could provide a specific example?
Topic Starter
ZeldaGamer11
I would but I can't really considering the nature of the game. It's pretty easy to forget specifics.
I might even be misremembering the bananas on a few maps as they're not often and therefore forgettable. (Sorry if I am!)

Even so, bonus points should stick to being bonus points and shouldn't be able to be greater than accuracy. E.G. Score should be mostly determined by skill not random chance. (Even though the droplets on some maps are so scattered it's also kindof random chance)
Death
You are probably forgetting about the bananas on whichever maps you were talking about which is why I asked for a specific example.
Topic Starter
ZeldaGamer11
So my "Even so" just... doesn't matter?
Death
I'm not sure what sort of response you are looking for with your "even so". Bananas are worth 1,100 points each. This isn't really the place for a giant debate over whether or not that is a good scoring system.