forum

[Archived] Want to know how to show certain songs in a single "pack"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MiniLink
Hey so i've noticed that some song packs have multiple songs in them and are also neatly packed into a single folder in the in-game browser. I have multiple packs like this and they all work neatly but there is one touhou songs pack that i can't manage to pack in a single folder in the browser. In the osu!\Songs folder, it is in a single folder but in the in-game browser, it is dispersed everywhere by name and that's pretty annoying. Any clues on what to do ? Thanks in advance for any help :)
Tronald
i dont know if this is what you are asking but might have you tried creating a collection. right click on a song click on manage collections, then create a collection with that beatmap set by clicking +set
Topic Starter
MiniLink

tronald- wrote:

i dont know if this is what you are asking but might have you tried creating a collection. right click on a song click on manage collections, then create a collection with that beatmap set by clicking +set

yeah i could do that but i want the songs to be neatly packed in the all songs menu like the various difficulties of a song
Death
What are you sorting by at the top right of the song selection screen?

If this is only happening for one map set, try deleting and redownloading it.
Topic Starter
MiniLink

Death wrote:

What are you sorting by at the top right of the song selection screen?

If this is only happening for one map set, try deleting and redownloading it.

I'm sorting by name and grouping by play modeand i've tried redownloading the beatmap set but nothing changes
Death
What happens if you sort by artist?

Also where did you download this map? If all of the difficulties in the mapset have the same name and artist I can't think of a reason why they would be separated. Maps in one set are not supposed to have different names.
Topic Starter
MiniLink

Death wrote:

What happens if you sort by artist?

Also where did you download this map? If all of the difficulties in the mapset have the same name and artist I can't think of a reason why they would be separated. Maps in one set are not supposed to have different names.

it's not one map, it's a bms pack with a couple dozen different songs.
This one works : https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/577617/#mania/1336999
But this one isn't packed in a single folder : https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/628887/#mania/1327674
Death
Those are single mapsets. Technically having multiple audio files in one set isn't really supported, that's not how you are supposed to make a map.

It's more than likely that the uploader of that mapset severely messed something up by doing that.
show more