forum

[Archived] interface voices keep enabling when i close out

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tristanyc
i play without the interface voices and everytime i close the game it still says "see you next time" even though i keep turning it off. any fixes?

osu! version: 20181024.2 (latest)
Doge Owner
Does it re-enable itself?
Death
If I'm not mistaken, this was done intentionally for Halloween. Something similar was done for either Halloween or Christmas/Winter last year (I don't remember which one).
MrLinuxFish
I have the same problem. The interface voices, music theme, and snow options are overridden on startup. It seems intentional, but I don't like it.
Death
https://twitter.com/ppy/status/1054975289229500416

I found this, so yes, it is intentional. It'll be like that for around one more week, until Halloween ends.
MrLinuxFish
Is it possible to get an option to disable this in the future like there is an option to disable seasonal backgrounds?
Death

MrLinuxFish wrote:

Is it possible to get an option to disable this in the future like there is an option to disable seasonal backgrounds?
I doubt a toggle for something like this will be added. Unlike seasonal backgrounds, it isn't really a consistently recurring thing, and it only lasts for a few days.

Although I don't know if I completely agree with forcing certain options on, these few options don't affect the actual game in the slightest amount.

If it's really bothering you a ton, you can change the menu-snow.png element in your skin folder to be a 1x1 transparent image. And because you are a supporter, you can change welcome.wav and seeya.wav to be blank audio files so nothing will play. The music theme will just have to be dealt with for a few days.