forum

[Archived] osu! crashing randomly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mulraf
Problem details: my osu crashes randomly. as of now this only happened during song selection. it just exits osu, no lag, no crash report, it's as if you terminate the process.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: none but if it really is nessercary i can try to make a video, just know that it's random and i could well play for hours without it occuring but it could also happen after one or two maps :/

osu! version: Stable 20181022 (latest)
(but also happened in the last version, it's not because of the update today)
The_Loli_Hunter
I Had this problem whilst using certain skins, although try using compatibility mode if you havent tried that yet, best of luck

the only other things i could tell you would be to
Reinstall osu and the normal troubleshooting stuff etc.

Edit- To Make It Really Simple On What I Meant By Re-installing-
since I forgot that I should be thorough with this explanation since all i said was and the normal troubleshooting stuff (Clearly theres no reason to get rid of all your songs)

The Reinstallation
-Keeping Songs/Replays/Skins Is What I Meant

Raw Replay Data Is In osu!/Data/r
Songs in osu!/Songs
Skins in osu!/Skins
Saved Replays In osu!/Replays

Screenshots are also optional and Logs

I Also Remembered That Some Hardware/Software stuff could affect this
such as Drivers and the such,
I had a similar problem before as well and with stuttering mostly for no apparent reason
I had to take drastic measures and re-install my OS from scratch so the problem was something other than osu, so see if anything could cause this problem,
Fighu
If this is happening for other games I would suggest trying to update your graphics card drivers and trying again, also could you be accidentally clicking the INSERT button which exits the game into the disk tray? If this isn't the case and none of these worked I'm sorry I couldn't help out

Good luck!
Lyawi

The_Loli_Hunter wrote:

Reinstall osu

Don't recommend this just because you don't know how to help out more. Maybe someone else knows. This should be only the very last step
Fighu

Lyawi wrote:

The_Loli_Hunter wrote:

Reinstall osu

Don't recommend this just because you don't know how to help out more. Maybe someone else knows. This should be only the very last step

Agreed uninstalling and reinstalling should always be a final resort.
The_Loli_Hunter

Lyawi wrote:

The_Loli_Hunter wrote:

Reinstall osu

I shoudlve probably added to this, but when i meant reinstall its either you save your replays,songs,and skins folder then reinstall from scratch or just delete everything except those and the osu! exe and have it download everything again from scratch,
Topic Starter
mulraf
a bit late but:

The_Loli_Hunter wrote:

I Had this problem whilst using certain skins, although try using compatibility mode if you havent tried that yet, best of luck

well, i've been playing with the same skin for around 6 years now so i think that's out of question :?

FighuYT wrote:

If this is happening for other games I would suggest trying to update your graphics card drivers and trying again, also could you be accidentally clicking the INSERT button which exits the game into the disk tray?

idk since i'm not playing other games currently :D
and no, i'm not clicking the insert button, i know that since i do that a lot :D but the outcome is different. insert only 'minimizes' it into a symbol on the screen corner, in my case it completely exits the task

edit: while try updating graphics card driver and compability mode nevertheless

thanks for the advice so far but didn't really solve the problem :/
tbh i'm a bit lazy concerning the reinstall but if no one has a better solution of course i will do that.
i mean what surprises me the most is that it really ONLY closes the game at the song selection screen, never ever did it close while in game or in the main menu :x that must mean something, right :o
show more