forum

Why is 1/12 and 1/16 not recommended for use?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vysion
I am mapping a song that appears to fit best on a beat snap divisor of 1/12 because of its irregular beats. Could somebody explain why this divisor and 1/16 are not recommended, according to the editor?
lewski
could be at least partly because new mappers sometimes just snap the objects to whichever 1/16 or 1/12 tick is the closest instead of using correct timing
NyanBeatz
wait would this reduce the chances of getting ranked
mukashi
Mostly due to the fact that irl, drum rolls are usually placed like 12th's, not 16th's. So, mania does this to emphasize the feel of percussion (please correct me if I'm wrong)
Skidooskei
I mean there are some maps like Exit this earth's atomosphere that have them, so I guess they're mainly used for electronic maps, but you really need to know how to use them and are extremely rarely needed.
tsunyun
It multiplies the BPM of the song, 1/12 will multiply it by 3 I think, then 1/16 by 4, planning on putting objects on each/every other 1/12 or 1/16 beat, even on something like 90 BPM, would be fast. Maybe too fast.

Would recommend using these for slider shapes for higher slider velocities.

Using these for technical maps is ideal too.

This doesn't decrease the chance of it getting ranked, it is up to mapper how it is mapped. If it fits the beat division, then use it. Don't let the game set your limits (except for the ranking criteria, everyone wants a ranked map.).
show more