forum

Keyboard decision

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GALAXZY
I was thinking about getting an actual keyboard for osu (and other games) I liked the cherry mx switches but I heard speed switches are reds but on steroids. Overall the keyboard I was looking at was the Corsair K95 with speed switches, is this a good choice for osu or should I just get a keyboard of reds.

Thanks for reading :)
capefear56
I owned a K70 with the new speed switches. They're weird. If you've used a membrane keyboard for most of your life, then transitioning immediately into one of the most sensitive keyboard switches on the market is very jarring. I'm used to bottoming out keys the instance a note is supposed to be triggered, but with speed and a smaller extent, red switches, you actuate LONG before you actually bottom out, and so if you're relying on bottoming out to hit notes on time, your accuracy will suffer tremendously as it did with me.

On the other hand, if you can get used to hitting notes the second your finger applies even the most minute pressure on the keys, then the faster/more sensitive switches are pretty advantageous, especially for streams.
Raniemi
I've tried both and yeah, reds are easier to get used to if you've never tried a mechanical keyboard
Deva
Damnnnnn I want one of those
TruthIsNear
I've used Speed Silvers for about 7 months, then tried switching to Silent Reds. However, the 0.7mm difference in travel distance was really noticeable. Reds would just not actuate because I didn't press hard enough. So yeah, there is an advantage to Speed Silvers once you get used to them.

And about Corsair boards: even their top models still have ABS caps and rattly stabs. They really do feel like toys compared to Varmilo, for example. The quality vs price ratio is pretty bad. If you really want RGB I'd rather go with Ducky Shine 6 or 7 (when it hits the market).
show more