forum

How did you deal with AR10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deva
So recently I noticed that I have been avoiding ar10 religiously and that I've been feeling really uncomfortable when trying to play it.

I want to hear your opinions/stories about how you mastered or went about trying to master it so I could learn something but mostly so I could feel better about myself.
N0thingSpecial
in my experience I can think of two things

1) Tapping muscle memory, tapping need to be responsive so you can focus on aiming and reacting to ar 10
2) Anticipation, anticipate streams at all times if you're not familiar with the map

and you'll get used to just simply reading everything after playing a variety of map

source: washed up 4 digit that now loses to 5 digit players
Xirai
I just dont do ar10....
Shoy
I try it sometimes and fail miserably.

I guess it will be like AR8 a year ago or AR9 few months ago for me...
One day, and I won't know why, I'll be suddenly able to read it.

I'm not stressing myself about being unable to read AR10, there's a lot of maps with AR<10 I can't play at the moment.
It's just taking me away from HR for the "boring" part, so it means I can only improve.

You shouldn't stress yourself about feeling umncomfortable on AR10, and maybe going for some AR9.5-9.7/9.8 stuffs could be a good start. Just my opinion tho.

Edit : Or I can put the "Deva's Answers" mode ON, and say : "You're trash, you'll never be able to read AR10.". Your choice. :D
Topic Starter
Deva

N0thingSpecial wrote:

in my experience I can think of two things

1) Tapping muscle memory, tapping need to be responsive so you can focus on aiming and reacting to ar 10
2) Anticipation, anticipate streams at all times if you're not familiar with the map

and you'll get used to just simply reading everything after playing a variety of map

source: washed up 4 digit that now loses to 5 digit players

1) sounds like a very roundabout way to say play more >_>

Did you work your way up to ar10 or did you start with it hoping that you will get used to it at one point?

Shoy wrote:

You shouldn't stress yourself about feeling umncomfortable on AR10, and maybe going for some AR9.5-9.7/9.8 stuffs could be a good start. Just my opinion tho.

Edit : Or I can put the "Deva's Answers" mode ON, and say : "You're trash, you'll never be able to read AR10.". Your choice. :D

Eh I'm definitely not stressing out because of it since I can play it but it just feels really weird. I also hope you get used to ar10 too :D

I am trash so that's not far from the truth~
Almost
I played more AR10. Only way to get better at something is by doing it.
UnnamedBeast
i farmed a lot of 7* when i was 200k so now i can read ar10 like i can read ar9
Kylinblue
You HD it like a boss
mulraf
don't go ar 9 -> ar 10
go ar 9 -> ar ~9.3 -> ar ~9.5 -> ar ~9.8 -> ar 10
smaller steps will make you get used to it and you won't be able to notice that much of a difference.
if you don't have enough maps with those in-between ar's then https://osusearch.com/ might help
N0thingSpecial

Deva wrote:

Did you work your way up to ar10 or did you start with it hoping that you will get used to it at one point?

I just play ar10, I started on 4* marathon maps that I’m familiar with, but has enough bursts/unconventional patterns to throw me off

Or just play HD and farm tech maps that’s way more impressive
ADelicateOrange
HR on 4* maps with at least AR9.
My Angel Jeremy
literally just add hd and u are done for the day
Topic Starter
Deva
Thanks everyone for your contradicting opinions. I'll try to make something out of it and improve myself while doing so.
Yssi
Well from the very negligible expirience I have, it's a lot easier to work your way up to AR10 with 9.3, 9.5, 9.7 as somebody said already. Try using the editor to up the AR on some maps and just practice it that way.
VyralKaos
I had the same problem as you--religiously avoiding ar10 that is. Recently Ive been forcing myself to just pick random 3.5ish star maps and putting on hr. Been having miserable luck so far, but it does feel like its getting a bit easier as I keep doing em

to be fair there is a whole lotta difference between hr 3 stars and ar10 5-6 stars
Emilie-
Just changed skin :P
show more