forum

Am I progressing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dia on osu
So I've been wondering because I keep choking on POSSIBLE fc's and 200 pp's and it always happens because my hands get too sweaty and I miss :(( BUT considering i started playing osu! standard around for 2 months and a half am I progressing well?
Shoy
+/- 3.000pp for a 94h playtime is quite a good value yes.

You're one of those "fast learners", but keep in mind everyone progresses at his own pace.
Moreover skill =/= pp tho, especially in our range. Your pp counter can be stuck, and you still can progress on the other side (can even say you're progressing on the other side, I don't know much people who don't progress at all while playing for hours and hours).

Play for fun, play to get skills, PpyPoints will follow.
altbleak
From a personal experience problems you describe go away by just getting comfortable with maps/factors in those maps that "seem hard". Guess you can figure out the best way to get rid of that yourself.

Then again my opinion could possibly not matter (6 digit talk :( ). I don't like to grind for fc's and probably the reason I can't get high pp' plays. I don't concentrate enough on focusing to not miss when I play but its been getting easier when I've been playing maps that would seem to be lightyears out of my skill range - maps that I should be grinding usually have turned into bit more of a child's play.

(I don't have any "reason" to get better pp for none of my friends really understood this game -> No friendly competition -> No milestones that I could hit to really brag about)
UnnamedBeast
you can practice very long low star rating maps to get more consistent, it's what i've been doing and it seems to be working. Stuff like demetori 3*
Equbuxu
Wtf man it took me more than a year and 300h to get to 3000pp
Deva
When will people figure out that the most important thing when it comes to how fast you progress in osu is how much experience you have in other games that require similar skills...
VinZentVanDough
I literally just got 3kpp and not even a 200pp play.
Faye
You learned much faster than I did, but you will hit a ceiling like this every once in a while. It's natural.

Just keep going along though. No reason to rush progression that inevitably happens with experience.

I just got the hush hush achievement for bombing a 200pp play myself so I know the feeling of choking too xD

Coulda been my first 200pp play ;~;
show more