forum

[resolved] Osu! crashed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HaruhiSuzumiya
Problem Details:

Installed osu! and when I run it, it says, "osu! was unable to obtain a graphics context..." and that I may be missing graphics drivers. Help? Dunno what to do. Already done restarting the pc and the game but still the same :( :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180811.2
Dntm8kmeeatu
What graphics card do you have?
Topic Starter
HaruhiSuzumiya
Name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Approx. Total Memory: 256 MB
Current Display Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit)

Is this it? Not sure what I'm doing.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.
Topic Starter
HaruhiSuzumiya
The last one worked for me. Thanks!! :D :D