forum

[Archived] osu deleted maps itself

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
futureislonely
Problem Details:
my beatmaps just disappearing from my beatmap folder and everytime i launch the game it says like "something is wrong with your files go to the beatmap selection menu and press F5" so yeah everyday just more and more maps disappearing how do i help it i even wanted to search for the one song name i had this song in my beatmap list and its disappeared ???

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180811.2
Death
The maps are actually disappearing out of the Songs folder in your osu! folder, or are they just disappearing from the list in-game?
Topic Starter
futureislonely

Death wrote:

The maps are actually disappearing out of the Songs folder in your osu! folder, or are they just disappearing from the list in-game?
list in the game
Death
Did you already do what the error message said and hit F5 on the song selection screen?
Topic Starter
futureislonely

Death wrote:

Did you already do what the error message said and hit F5 on the song selection screen?
lol i ignored it always gonna do it
Death
That's ridiculous. You can't know if something is going to work or not if you haven't tried it.
Topic Starter
futureislonely

Death wrote:

That's ridiculous. You can't know if something is going to work or not if you haven't tried it.
btw do i have to f5 everytime or it fixed itself and maps would stop disappear?
Death
Try it at least once and if the maps you are missing don't reappear, or the issue appears again, then we will think of something else.
Topic Starter
futureislonely

Death wrote:

Try it at least once and if the maps you are missing don't reappear, or the issue appears again, then we will think of something else.
thx
Topic Starter
futureislonely

Death wrote:

i don't know if any of my maps disappeared but i have this issue again https://imgur.com/a/5J7ohtj im sorry the issue is in russian but u know what im talking about
"till osu! were closed, in beatmap folder something changed. try not to do something with your own hands(i do not lol)
if any of maps disappeared press F5 in beatmap selection list to operate them"
Death
That means that something in your Songs folder was modified. I've seen that error message appear for people when nothing was changed at all, I'm not entirely sure what causes it. It doesn't automatically mean beatmaps were deleted though.

Make sure there aren't any lone files in your Songs folder folder. If you find any, delete them.

On the song selection screen, make sure you aren't grouping by anything, then scroll to the top of your beatmap list and delete any maps that have no data (e.g. No Title, No Artist, No Audio, etc).

I'm not 100% sure if this will prevent the message from popping up, but it won't hurt to try.

If that doesn't work, unless you notice maps have disappeared, you can pretty much ignore that message.