forum

[Archived] Problem with the mouse cursor.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
renemorrigan
Problem Details:
Good afternoon!
My friend ran into a problem with his mouse cursor sensitivity & with the raw input function in the game after he upgraded his operating system to Windows 10 Home (Previously he was using Windows 7 Home).
The situation is as follows:
Sensitivity in the game is set to 1 and the raw input function is enabled. He's playing with a computer mouse, and he doesn't have a graphic tablet. Therefore, it is very uncomfortable to play such a low sensitivity.
When he disables the raw input function and tries to change the sensitivity to a higher value (previously he played on 1.4x), the following message appears: "We have detected you're running on Windows 8.1 and trying to use a custom mouse speed. Due to changes in Windows, this requires "Raw Input" to be enabled. It has been turned on for you". The raw input function is then turned on and the sensitivity is set back to 1x.
But if it tries to change the sensitivity of the cursor with the raw input function enabled, then the mouse cursor starts to move very quickly, which also greatly interferes with the normal process of the game.
It also isn't possible to change the sensitivity of the mouse in the settings of the computer system itself, because then the cursor also moves either too slow or too fast.
To resolve this issue, we have already taken the following steps:
Windows Ink has been disabled through the regedit (We were trying to find a solution to this problem on the osu forum and on the Internet, but it was only related to tablet users.);
An attempt was made to use Windows compatibility mode with Windows 7 and other Windows versions;
Osu was completely removed from the computer and then installed on disk D (it was previously installed on the system disk and at the moment of the switching from one operating system to another).
None of the steps taken helped to solve the problem.
My laptop also has Windows 10 Home, but I did not have such a problem with the cursor.
I hope you will not ignore this message and help my friend.
Video or screenshot showing the problem: None
osu! version: 20180811.2
modrei_DELETED
make sure all drivers are updated, check if the mouse has any software and try changing dpi in there