forum

Is it weird that i can only do 4* star maps at lv70+?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Suzuneez
i've played this game for close to 60 hours now and i am still finding it hard to do any map that is higher than 4.5*-5*.Not sure how i am supposed to improve my gameplay though.

any tips?
SpasticSurgeon

Suzuneez wrote:

i've played this game for close to 60 hours now and i am still finding it hard to do any map that is higher than 4.5*-5*.Not sure how i am supposed to improve my gameplay though.

any tips?

That's a normal rate of improvement. It takes a lot of hours to get good at this game. Best players have played thousands.

As for improving, the guides stickies in these forums are good "how to improve at osu!". They go into things like focusing on the rhythm, properly following through in sliders, and mindset etc. A common "issue" with players is that they have high expectations for themselves and expect to be the next cookiezi quickly or something. It's normal to be competitive but if you feel like you should be much higher after relatively small amount of time in the game you might suffer from that a little.

Besides that I think happystick's series where he interviews top players on improvement are great. I think it's got advice that applies to all levels of players.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeCtFiF9qekpSkENhtxoJzJ4ivtObNnjk

That said though, at this stage of the game the best thing you can do is put in consistent hours challenging yourself and having fun of course.

My personal biggest takeaway from everything I've read on improvement is to play with awareness. Cookiezi and Rohulk (greatest player of all time and someone who improved incredibly fast) both talked about this. If you ask yourself questions about why you are messing up and then try and fix them you will become better quicker. Also, this applies to mental as well. If you are tilted and retrying a song over and over then it's good to be aware of that. Or maybe you are too bored to grind out low lvl accuracy, or maybe you need more songs to improve because you are getting stuck in a rut on some.

Whatever your problem, being aware of yourself in and out of a beatmap will go a long way in directing your improvement.

Good luck I hope this was helpful.
show more