forum

[Archived] osu! makes my entire pc freeze up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zozimoto

I'm going to start the post by saying that this is not exactly a bug report, but more of actually asking for help to fix the situation. This only started happening recently.

So, my issue is that osu! for me only runs smoothly on high priority, but at the same time, it freezes up my entire pc, making even osu! unplayable.

Now that sucks on a whole another level when i'm playing multi, and I can't download the map because both my browser and discord crashed, and i'm not willing to pay for supporter to fix an issue.

And after trying to exit out of the game for the reasons listed above, my entire computer freezes up, and I can't even move my cursor outside of the game.

I tried switching between Beta (the release stream I normally play on) and Stable (the one which I don't play on), but that made the situation even worse, somehow.

Now since I'm no expert in this field, and I have seen other bug reports, I'm gonna reply if anyone needs any logs that they need.

I'm just an average person that likes to play osu! that enjoys the game. But this makes it impossible to play and map.
GrillCheese
Is your PC old? Certain types of computers or laptops don't work as well as new ones. Usually devices before osu! was made. I'm not sure if you can lower the quality or disable raw input. Also check if your wifi is working. That's basically all i know for now, hope I helped.
Doge Owner
Did this happen after an update or something? Have you changed any of the osu! settings?

Make sure your graphics card is up to date and you can try disabling most of the detail settings, you can stay on beta if that works for you, using fullscreen should help as well and even try smaller resolutions. About your multiplayer issue, make sure you select a default browser.

And again if you have an old computer with outdated hardware, we can't really do much.
Andrea
Try enabling compatibility mode if you didn't do so before.
Topic Starter
Zozimoto

GrillCheese wrote:

Is your PC old? Certain types of computers or laptops don't work as well as new ones. Usually devices before osu! was made. I'm not sure if you can lower the quality or disable raw input. Also check if your wifi is working. That's basically all i know for now, hope I helped.

My computer is 5 years old, so it's not older than osu!, and my internet connection probably has nothing to do with it. Thanks for the reply.

Doge Owner wrote:

Did this happen after an update or something? Have you changed any of the osu! settings?

Make sure your graphics card is up to date and you can try disabling most of the detail settings, you can stay on beta if that works for you, using fullscreen should help as well and even try smaller resolutions. About your multiplayer issue, make sure you select a default browser.

And again if you have an old computer with outdated hardware, we can't really do much.

Well, i'm not exactly sure, it just started happening a few days ago, and I didn't change any of the osu! settings, and i like to stay on borderless fullscreen because of my dual monitor setup, thanks for the reply.

Andrea wrote:

Try enabling compatibility mode if you didn't do so before.

Turning on compatibility mode and switching back to Beta actually worked. Thank you for the reply.
EDIT: (Andrea's reply) Ironically, my pc decided to contradict me, and freeze up the moment i pressed the Post button, nice one pc.

EDIT 2: Just so you now, i'm experiencing a similar issue to Yasuke Furry
show more