Eclipsi001

C00LZ wrote:

unpopular opinions are just popular opinions that no one dared to say

agreed
night-owl

Green Platinum wrote:

night-owl wrote:

zero two sucks
(probably a pretty popular opinion but it should be what everyone thinks)

Why though? I don't care much for Franxx but it just reads as the typical "I don't want my anime girls to have sexuallity; they should be meek and chaste"

im not into girls, i hated her cuz of the fanboys
Quibbly
Quibbly sucks at osu!
Achromalia

night-owl wrote:

also, yes, i know, i do edit my posts a lot. too bad the edit option doesn't have a preview, i can't really spot mistakes or figure out what to add without previewing it first. or maybe it does, but i'm just that blind.
use the old site, maybe. it should be more obvious there.

OT: "The new site is easy to look at and doesn't hurt my eyes by how bright it is at all compared to the old one"

The old site is just... better. it's easy to work with, especially in the forums.
night-owl

Achromalia wrote:

night-owl wrote:

also, yes, i know, i do edit my posts a lot. too bad the edit option doesn't have a preview, i can't really spot mistakes or figure out what to add without previewing it first. or maybe it does, but i'm just that blind.

OT: "The new site is easy to look at and doesn't hurt my eyes by how bright it is at all compared to the old one"

The old site is just... better. it's easy to work with, especially in the forums.
oh, that tip sounds like it would come in handy indeed! i've started playing osu again a month ago after a long time, and i've been using the new interface ever since (i'm actually new to the forum). thank you :oops:
Achromalia

night-owl wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

night-owl wrote:

oh, that tip sounds like it would come in handy indeed! i've started playing osu again a month ago after a long time, and i've been using the new interface ever since (i'm actually new to the forum). thank you :oops:

you're welcome .w.

the new site is actually alright, and is useful if you need to stack more than two quotes, but i dont use it for much else. you dont see the ability to preview your edits on the new site, so you'd have to switch to the old one if you wanna do that. you'll see it when you use it.

im just a little uncomfortable with the new site's current interface. it could still use some more work. maybe tone down the brightness, and make it so that it loads a bit quicker, since a long continuous string of posts just eats away at the load. due to that, having multiple pages like the old site would be more efficient.

and there's a few other little things like that about the old site that make it more practical. the new site is definitely something that is sleek and looks nice and modern, it just doesn't work well for me when i want to get shit done on the forums and act as my forum-dweller self. (which explains how active i am and why i tend to reply to about 20% of the posts on OT and 75% on FG)
night-owl
yeah, the old site seems to be indeed more practical. frankly i love how the new site looks on userpages, but i saw there's even a topic made in order to point out the things that could be improved on it. forum dwelling really is fun, i must admit, but for 3 years i was way too self conscious to post anything on it ^^"
thanks again for the tip!
johnmedina999
Unpopular opinion: the story of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories is better than the story of Kingdom Hearts II. Also Axel is overrated.
Westonini
The "ligma" meme revival was a godsend.
Serraionga
The Grand Finals of Smash 4 at EVO 2018 was probably one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. Two kids doing collusion is not what I was expecting to see at all, very disappointing.

Good thing Melee is there to save the day.
Raven-
Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul was the best season
Topic Starter
alunv
This thread is still alive?

Stargate > Star Wars.
GNU/Linux is not that difficult to use. (also, Debian sucks nonono, too controversial xD)
I like SAO.
Europe is dull and uninteresting
ColdTooth
ot needs to be dug out
VinZentVanDough
It's a good idea to not allow students to use their phone at school. The teacher collects the phones at the first lesson and return it when school is over...

I fucking hate my school man.
TeeArctic1

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

It's a good idea to not allow students to use their phone at school. The teacher collects the phones at the first lesson and return it when school is over...

I fucking hate my school man.

I could get into a really long debate concerning this
Home field

Students' input should weigh the most in debates concerning school and education
Green Platinum

TeeArctic1 wrote:

Students' input should weigh the most in debates concerning school and education
Kids don't know shit. That's a terrible idea.
TeeArctic1

Green Platinum wrote:

TeeArctic1 wrote:

Kids don't know shit. That's a terrible idea.

The entire point of schools is to educate kids in the best way possible, and adapt to fit their needs. Not letting students' opinions count would be like buying a sandwich, getting it raw, then being scolded when you send it back, because that's how the chef always makes it, and he says it is cooked and good, even though it isn't.
Students know best what learning methods work for them, and what makes them motivated, energized and engaged in the material for the day. Teachers don't. Hence, they do know shit, and a lot of it at that, contrary to your statement.
This importance is magnified when you take into consideration that your results in school form the foundation of your entire future.

OT: Age does not directly signify superiority, kids know things their elders don't, and vice versa
koemada

abraker wrote:

acc > combo
Green Platinum

TeeArctic1 wrote:

The entire point of schools is to educate kids in the best way possible, and adapt to fit their needs. Not letting students' opinions count would be like buying a sandwich, getting it raw, then being scolded when you send it back, because that's how the chef always makes it, and he says it is cooked and good, even though it isn't.
Students know best what learning methods work for them, and what makes them motivated, energized and engaged in the material for the day. Teachers don't. Hence, they do know shit, and a lot of it at that, contrary to your statement.
This importance is magnified when you take into consideration that your results in school form the foundation of your entire future.

OT: Age does not directly signify superiority, kids know things their elders don't, and vice versa
Have you been in a classroom in your entire life? Kids dick around all day and don't act in their own long term interests. Student feedback is fine but having in weigh the most when they are entirely clueless to the bureaucracy of the school is just stupid. We don't give college/university levels of freedom to schoolkids because we all know nobody would show up even when it is in their best interest.

The entire fact you blame teachers as being clueless to their students makes it pretty clear your are exactly among the reason why.
TeeArctic1

Green Platinum wrote:

TeeArctic1 wrote:

Have you been in a classroom in your entire life? Kids dick around all day and don't act in their own long term interests. Student feedback is fine but having in weigh the most when they are entirely clueless to the bureaucracy of the school is just stupid. We don't give college/university levels of freedom to schoolkids because we all know nobody would show up even when it is in their best interest.

The entire fact you blame teachers as being clueless to their students makes it pretty clear your are exactly among the reason why.

That seems like a blatant generalisation I'd like it if you didn't use supression techniques in this discussion, by the way. There is a vast network of student organisations, one of which I was the political deputy of myself, which work hard to better the situation for students all across the world. Some don't have proper equipment, some have teachers who favourise students, some of them get bullied by the school nurses.

The landsmeet of the School Student union of Norway consists of over 550 students who have been chosen from their county, including the county board, which are in turn chosen by representatives from their respective counties, of which all high schools in Norway are members, as well as 40% of all middle schools. There they spend 7 days debating how to better their school in a respective manner, which, luckily for you, is livestreamed so that all can see. They are the ones who made school books free, lessons in bullying and sex ed mandatory, established an anti bullying law, otherwise known as paragraph 9A of the educational law, and are highly skilled. Erna Solberg, the current prime minister of Norway, and Jens Stoltenberg, the previous one, both led the organisation in their time and have called it one of the most important and influential times in their lives.

If you want to see students' skills on a higher level than that, I'd recommend checking out Obessu.

I'm not saying teachers are clueless as to their students, that is putting words in my mouth, which makes me want to remind you to refrain from using supression techniques. I am, however, saying that in the same way that you best know what it is like to be you, students know best what it is like to be students, and thus have the best input as to what works and doesn't work for them, in the same way that nobody knows better than you, what you like and don't like.
Ashton

alunv wrote:

Canadians are natural-born osu! mappers.

agree

canadian baka/ashton/neko-san da is not truly retarded