forum

[Archived] jumping cursor with XP Pen G640

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZUGRIFF
Hey Guys
So recently after my waccom tablet died i bought the Xp Pen Star G640 and i thoght it worked fine, but after a while i noticed that everytime i press one of the buttons on the pen the cursor is jumping around. First i thought that i destroyed the surface of the tablet since im draging really hard but it only happens on a button press. I deactivated all button functions that didnt work i found some post on how to fix a lagging cursor but they where for windows 7 and 8 coulnt find anything for windows 10.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue ? it would be a great help since this keeps messing up my sliders
Andrea
Make sure your osu! sensitivity is set to 1 and also disable raw input.
Death
Disable "Windows Ink" in your tablet drivers. If I'm not mistaken, there should be a checkbox for it at the bottom left of the interface.
Topic Starter
ZUGRIFF
i did all of that and its still jumping around maybe it just need to grip the pen in another way but i dont think that will stop me from pressing the buttons all the time when i play. Maybe my pen is broken with my wacom tablet it works fine .
bathrooms
Pry off the buttons so you can't activate anything at all. I have a different xp-pen tablet where the thick bit is on the shorter end of the tablet but still does the weird jumpy thing from time to time. I haven't done it to mines because I haven't really gotten to it but someone else did and told a ton of people through a youtube video how comfortable and better he felt when he didn't have to worry about the jumpy problem. You could say that pressing the buttons actually breaks the input being used to power the sensor, like snapping the connection for a millisecond.

I'm not sure if you've heard or experienced what I'm going to say before but if you have two plugins and you plug an electrical device like a jug to boil water in the morning for coffee then soon after you plug in the toaster you might notice that the power between the two has split, evenly of course to balance everything out, from lights, the oven, the heater, etc...I'm saying that the direct source of electricity has to balance itself out so nothing overloads.

Kinda complicated but ya...hope this helps.

Edit: "In other words - wacom is obviously better than xp-pen lol."
EzT_GT

kleineLeisGeGe wrote:

i did all of that and its still jumping around maybe it just need to grip the pen in another way but i dont think that will stop me from pressing the buttons all the time when i play. Maybe my pen is broken with my wacom tablet it works fine .
Your pen is not broken, everything is fine, it works just as it should. That's just a "feature" of this tablet. I bought myself G640 some time ago, and got same reaction on pen buttons pressing. There are two ways of solving it:

First is, as you said, try to hold your pen in another way
And the second is kinda funny: just detach the plastic thing that presses the buttons inside of the pen(I did that to get more grip(thanks to my hands, pen was always slippng out))

[Edit]Sorry for my english tho

Topic Starter
ZUGRIFF
i guess i have to rip off my buttons then the only problem i have with that is that it leaves kinda sharp edges beneath the buttons and due to my thight grip it will kill my fingers.
baldbran
i'm not sure if we have the same issue but my cursor on osu and my desktop is not smooth at all, i've changed the nib of the pen but it's still the same, i've also tried all 3 softwares and no change, does anyone have any suggestions?
laci099

EzT_GT wrote:

kleineLeisGeGe wrote:

Your pen is not broken, everything is fine, it works just as it should. That's just a "feature" of this tablet. I bought myself G640 some time ago, and got same reaction on pen buttons pressing. There are two ways of solving it:

First is, as you said, try to hold your pen in another way
And the second is kinda funny: just detach the plastic thing that presses the buttons inside of the pen(I did that to get more grip(thanks to my hands, pen was always slippng out))

[Edit]Sorry for my english tho

Holy man you are a legend thank you i was so annoyed :D
show more